Screw drive garden tractor

/ Screw drive garden tractor #1  

Rednic79

Bronze Member
Tractor
Homemade
Hey thought i'd share my new project. Working on a "mini" fordson snow machine, made from an old garden tractor that i had rotting in the bush. I'll post some new pictures as the project progresses. thanks for the help to the guys in the hydraulics section. i'm going to start off with chain drive to see how well it works before the hydro investment. anyhow check it out, i'm sure some of you may be wondering...whats the point? there is none, i just think those screw drives are sooo cool! anyhow, if you want to see video check out my youtube channel "rednic79" otherwise i'll post more pics on here soon as thing come together

http://youtu.be/uTMnD63RB_M

GOPR0139.jpgGOPR0141.jpg

Last edited:
   / Screw drive garden tractor #2  
Good luck they are cool. Will the screws be big enough so it floats? I'm sure you've seen these vids, but so others know what your talking about:

/ Screw drive garden tractor
No sadly it will not float.....tooooo heavy. But it will terrorize the ground! Hah

/ Screw drive garden tractor #5  
Never heard of those, they are coool.
Something along the line of my argo, I don't see why you somehow couldn't make it float also,
maybe fill the tubes with foam or something.
Look forward to the outcome.:thumbsup:

/ Screw drive garden tractor #6  
This will be a fun project to follow - looking forward to your progress pictures!

/ Screw drive garden tractor #7  
Maybe some old water heater tanks for the screws and it would probably float.

/ Screw drive garden tractor
Well i have made some progress on drive system number one....gear drive. i know its a bit wacky but check it out, if you have any ideas on how to lubricate the gears it would be greatly appreciated !
http://youtu.be/KUEbO9JDfXU

GOPR0157.jpg
GOPR0156.jpg