Skid Steer to 3 Point Adapter

/ Skid Steer to 3 Point Adapter #1  

Jack3489

Tractor
Kubota L3800, Farmall Super M, Farmall Super C
Have a skid steer quick attach fork lift attachment with removable forks. Would like to modify the base plate to accept 3 point implements by removing the forks and fabricating a three point attachment which would attach much like the forks. Would be useful for quickly moving equipment around the property and also attaching a landscape rake for cleaning pond banks.

I know adapters are available but don't really want to buy a standalone adapter.

Has anyone attempted this modification? If so, could you share pictures or ideas.

Thanks,

Jack

/ Skid Steer to 3 Point Adapter #2  
I got 2 SSQA plates & Quick hitch for $100. Simply did 2 welds along the outer edge of the QH to stick it to the SSQA plate. Using it to push a converted truck plow & have lifted a few implements with it. Finally getting around to sandblasting it now, paint is next.

Huge amounts of roll forward angle on it, but not much roll back. Maybe 20 degrees back. Others have made a wedge to push out the bottom of the QH and give it natural roll back before welding it up. That would push things out forward & decrease lift capacity a bit. Not sure I will if/when o build another.

/ Skid Steer to 3 Point Adapter #3  
Found photos.

IMG_20150117_153833.jpg IMG_20150117_153806.jpg

Oh, and I got my parts at a garage sale. You can get them for about $100 each new if you look around.

/ Skid Steer to 3 Point Adapter #4  
If you start with a quick attach plate and build the 3 point adapter on it, it will be lighter than your fork frame.

To give you some ideas, here is the one I bought.

Notice the extra rollback.

PB140036.JPG
PB140033.JPG

PA020017.JPG

I modified this fork frame so the 3 point cedar tree cutter would always be flat on the ground, no matter what angle the V417 was at.

I used chain for the toplink, so that there would be no down pressure that would bend the tree cutter.

Cedar Tree Cutter (0).JPG

I didn't have forks for it, just needed the frame. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / Skid Steer to 3 Point Adapter
Thanks guys for the ideas. I'm still deciding how I want to fab the adapter. My fork lift attachment is very similar to the in Xfaxman's last picture and certainly looks like his idea would work. I like the use of chains to provide quick adjustments.

If anyone else has ideas I'd appreciate your inputs.

Regards,
Jack