hardened cutter cheap to free

/ hardened cutter cheap to free #1  

hunter townsen

Bronze Member
Tractor
jd 4600 69 Ih td9 dozer with a winch
I am new to forum but here is something that may be usefull for projects. I have found a cheap way to get hardened cutters, for box scraper etc. In processing books they use razor sharp hardened cutters. These cutters can only be sharpened so many times b4 they are too small for their machines. what I have been getting are about 3/8 th in thick by 8 in by 6 to 8 foot long. the edge left on them is still very sharp not razor sharp, and they usually have bolt holes for mounting. I even had a job where I had to shear off hundreds of anchors used for holding pallet racking . I mounted it to a bobcat bucket got a little speed and it cut them off clean as can be. The best part is I have never paid for any of them. They are trash to the companies. Just call in advance to make sure they are available. I hope this helps
rob

/ hardened cutter cheap to free #2  
Thanks for posting ! :thumbsup:

/ hardened cutter cheap to free
np its been really handy for me , I have even sold a few ;)

/ hardened cutter cheap to free #5  
Sounds like a business opportunity if you can buy as scrap and resell as finished product.

/ hardened cutter cheap to free
One of those would be perfect for our old Henry scraper. It's a shame I'm so far away. Oh well...:confused3:

Henry scraper WEB pics

I would imagine there are book binders , or manufactures in most cities, these are usually small companies . Originally my neighbor had a binder set up in his shop that's how I found them, when he had run out , I did research and found several in my areal let me know how u do