3-pt forks made out of pallet truck

/ 3-pt forks made out of pallet truck #1  

RyanL

Gold Member
Tractor
MF 1540 4wd,loader, R-4s
Hi, i am looking for photos of a pallet truck that has been converted into 3-point forks.

I thought i saw a photo of this on here, but can't find.

Thanks,
Ryan

/ 3-pt forks made out of pallet truck #3  
ron that link you posted was my pallet forks, they work great, but i will say that they are heavy, they are category 2 and i use them on a 105 hp tractor, so the amount of weight of the forks doesnt detract much from the lift capacity, but i will say that when i pinned them onto my fathers NAA just to move the forks to a different place that the tractor just barely lifted the forks alone with nothing on them, so if you have a smaller tractor make sure you dont build forks that are so heavy you use up half your lift capacity just lifting the forks! but i will say my 3pt forks are the handiest thing i have around the place, i use them all the time for moving sheds instead of skidding them around, the same with small cars and i have gotten in a habbit now too of stacking things on pallets and moving them around that way now too, sure is handy, and while some may dissagree, i like them better than loader forks in some ways, you can see exactly what you are doing, we have forks on our ford 3400 loader and they are neccesary when you need to lift something up high, like off a truck, but its alot harder to see where your forks are, more than once i have missed the pallet of bumped into the wrong thing. the 3pt forks are right behind you where you can see them, and they lift up high enough to take things off my flatbed trailer, or outa the back of my toyota pickup, just not high enough for my dumptruck or my F350 4x4

/ 3-pt forks made out of pallet truck #4  
Here's a picture of another one that was posted in a thread a while back. I liked it enough to save the picture. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I don't remember who it belongs to, but someone here might recognize it...

Attachments

• 375125-Forks1.JPG
    375125-Forks1.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 754
   / 3-pt forks made out of pallet truck #5  
Ryan I didnt post a pic of it but at one time I made a pallet fork out of a a pallet jack like they use in walmart to pic up good siszed loads a few inches off the ground. I got one wihout wheels or the cylinder then welded my toplink and lift links to it. I gave it to a friend of mine a few months ago on his chicken farm. They work good on a tractor but are non adjustable and will tote about 500 pounds when used like a 3point fork. one other note on them its good to put 3 inch channel iron on the bottom recess to make the forks stronger. I think I had 20 bucks in the whole thing when i was done.

/ 3-pt forks made out of pallet truck
Taylortractornut, that is exacly what i was thinking about doing, cause if found an old pallet jack at a junkyard, and was going to mount it on my 3-point. But, I thought i seen photo's of it mounted on like and old ford tractor, cause that is where i got the idea.

Thanks
Ryan

/ 3-pt forks made out of pallet truck #7  
Ryan THey work good like that but Id also add a wedge to the front s or the fors as they have a blunt end. My firend was very tickled with them as he moves alot of pallets and crates on his farm and all his shop wood.