concrete landscape curb machine?

/ concrete landscape curb machine? #1  

aviationben

Tractor
bobcat ct230
Has anyone built one of these machines? It looks like a fairly simple setup, small hopper with a plunger to pack the Sandy cement mix into a die of the curb shape.

/ concrete landscape curb machine? #2  
Never seen any with a plunger, they all vibrate which consolidates the concrete tightly. Pretty tricky to get the right mix to make run good and smooth

/ concrete landscape curb machine?
   / concrete landscape curb machine? #4  
Never seen any with a plunger, they all vibrate which consolidates the concrete tightly. Pretty tricky to get the right mix to make run good and smooth

They either have a plunger or a screw to compact the cement. The vibration helps to feed material from the hopper into the compaction apparatus.

Mr. HE:cool:

/ concrete landscape curb machine? #5  
My buddy had a professional unit in which the plunger packs the Sandy cement mixture and with the same motion advances the unit. All you do is steer and shovel. Kinda like a kids play-doh press.

Harbor freight made one years ago but no longer carry it.

Northern Industrial Electric Walk-Behind Concrete Curb Machine | Curb Machinery| Northern Tool + Equipment

http://youtu.be/JVGt7J6gAFU

The video is a clever idea, and would have worked with a drier mix.

Mr. HE:cool:

/ concrete landscape curb machine? #6  
Before you start make yourself familiar with the newer concrete mixes and how they should be handled.

/ concrete landscape curb machine? #7  
Just realized why I thought they were all junk. I must have been using incredibly cheap vibration only machines.

/ concrete landscape curb machine? #9  
So long ago I don't remember. That was 2 kids and 3 jobs ago.

/ concrete landscape curb machine? #10  
$300.00 on craigslist from the other guys that couldn't make a living doing this. Ain't worth fabbing from scratch.