Backhoe valve advice needed

/ Backhoe valve advice needed #1  

moeh1

Gold Member
Tractor
B2150DT / Oliver OC-3
Well I still have a ways to go collecting parts, but I acquired a valve assembly for the backhoe I intend to build. Ebay is more dangerous to surf than this board. It is a seven spool set-up, 2 joysticks, 2 single valves and it also has an electric 4 way valve. I am looking at building a smaller hoe, can't right off hand see the value of adding a thumb /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif so I am wondering if my plan to remove this electric valve from the stack makes sense to some of you, or if there is a good reason someone has to leave it there in the hoe. It is bigger than most of the other valves and adds size and weight, and is another spot to have issues. Thoughts are appreciated. I am thinking that if I remove it, I could add inlet and outlet sections and locate it up front near the loader valve then use an electric switch to add handy controls near the back since I haven't come up with a great way to plumb in rear outlets... But that's another thread sometime /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Backhoe valve advice needed #2  
oh, how I wish my hoe had a thumb... I think it'd be SO much more useful.

Wanna send me a thumb? ... forefinger?... pinky?...

All I seem to get are middle fingers /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Backhoe valve advice needed #3  
I've never uses a backhoe. Looking tho.....

Once you have a backhoe, a thumb is something you either won't be able to do without; or wished you had about every other time you use it........

--->Paul

/ Backhoe valve advice needed #4  
Richard what size is the pin in your hoes bucket and the width of the outsides of thebucket ears, Also the lenght of the center of the pin to the teeth tips. Im repoing one i built for the county, it may be the same size. Im gonna sell it for materials price. I couldnt live withouth the thumb i built for my old Ford hoe. At work webuilt a pure grapple combination and it works a bit better. but its not as handy without the bucket a thum is kinda a compromise