ATV Manure spreader?

/ ATV Manure spreader? #1  

countrybumpkin

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti, kubota
Anyone built a small scale manure spreader to use behind a atv? My mom wants me to build her one , but not sure it wouldn't be cheaper in the end to find a small used one, if I can locate one.

/ ATV Manure spreader? #2  
been years since i been near a manure spreader. had to google it... https://www.google.com/search?q=manure+spreader+ground+drive&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 ((manure spreader ground drive)) was shocked to find stuff being being made for ATV's and like.

would say, ya better off buying one. more so ones with a belt in the bottom, and then the beaters on the back. lots of metal fractionation.

i question use of ground driven. vs PTO version, and simply not having enough weight to keep the belt / beaters moving, and keeping the wheels from locking up and sliding across the ground almost.

you get into them thicker hay/stray piles and up with descent size chunks that do not bust up / come apart very easily.

you also have some liquid / urine / water to deal with.

==============
a compost spreader might be more reasonable for a DIY project. compost being more of a fine dirt, were stray / hay has broken down.

==============
it has been 2 to 5 years now, but local library, i was able to dig up some old "farm books" that had plans for various farm equipment. it was made back in like 70's i would guess. but might be worth checking out, without having to figure out every little detail, if going DIY route.

/ ATV Manure spreader? #3  
Mill Creek makes just what you need.

Successful ground drive manure spreaders were built long before tractors even had PTO's.

/ ATV Manure spreader? #4  
Lot of older, ground driven ones around that a larger ATV could handle. This is a mid-50's, 60 bushel Oliver I restored last winter. I paid $300 for it, and put another 700 into the rebuild.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

/ ATV Manure spreader? #6  
Even older spreaders that need work or parts replaced will set you back $1000 for a MillCreek 37.
A 25 bushel you might pick up rusted for less than that.
Good luck finding one.
I looked for years and finally found one (37 Grd Drv) that needed lots of repairs for $1800, 5 yrs ago now.
You'll get up close and personal with it just to keep her from having to shovel it.