Free Standing Treehouse

/ Free Standing Treehouse #1  

buggyman1

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2150Hst
I promised my little helper i'd build her a treehouse after I finished the trailer. I got started on it a couple of days ago. I'm not using any plans, just gonna kinda wing it. I have a pretty good idea in my head how it's going to look, so that's our starting point. The main frame supports are 20' 6x6's set four feet in the ground. I got my post-hole digger stuck on a root, four feet deep, on one of the holes, I had to unhook it from the tractor and put my backhoe on to dig it out, fun stuff. I used five 80lb bags of concrete on each hole except the stubborn one, it took 12. Here's a couple of pics of our progress so far.

Attachments

• 20150804_184828.jpg
    20150804_184828.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 632
  • 20150804_184758.jpg
    20150804_184758.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 582
   / Free Standing Treehouse #2  
Looking good.

/ Free Standing Treehouse #3  
I got my post-hole digger stuck on a root, four feet deep, on one of the holes, I had to unhook it from the tractor and put my backhoe on to dig it out, fun stuff.
It may have been better on the pocket book to just reverse turn the PTO shaft to un-screw the auger from the root. If the auger isn't stuck hard, you may be able to turn the auger shaft with a large pipe wrench but it is easier to turn the PTO shaft although you have to make a lot more rounds. The few times that we have had a stuck auger, just a couple of rotations of the auger enabled the tractor to lift it out.

/ Free Standing Treehouse #4  
Some tractors may not let you turn the PTO shaft and might require unhooking the shaft from the tractor.

/ Free Standing Treehouse #6  
Looking forward to following your progress!!!!

/ Free Standing Treehouse #7  
Looks neat and high. Could you also use it as a deer stand?

MoKelly

Double reason to build. Go up there to hunt while the little one plays with no sound toys

/ Free Standing Treehouse
It may have been better on the pocket book to just reverse turn the PTO shaft to un-screw the auger from the root. If the auger isn't stuck hard, you may be able to turn the auger shaft with a large pipe wrench but it is easier to turn the PTO shaft although you have to make a lot more rounds. The few times that we have had a stuck auger, just a couple of rotations of the auger enabled the tractor to lift it out.

Tried that with a 36" pipe wrench, no luck. You can turn my PTO backwards most of the time, it was stuck good.