Combi Tool -- Harrow and ripper mount

/ Combi Tool -- Harrow and ripper mount #1  

RonR

Veteran Member
Tractor
2003 BX2200
I finally got some pics of the harrow I built last summer. Not wanting to build multiple 3 Pt linkages, I fixed it so I can add and remove different tools to my toolbar. The harrow is 1 x 2 tube, with 5/16 straps welded on. Works great in forward and reverse.

I can drop the harrow and install two ripper shanks to bury cables. See next post for pic of that.

Enjoy.
Ron /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 388382-harrow 3.jpg
    388382-harrow 3.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,052
   / Combi Tool -- Harrow and ripper mount
This is a pic of the ripper mounted on the toolbar.

Attachments

• 388384-Resize of ripper.JPG
    388384-Resize of ripper.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 888
Here's a shot of the ground worked with the harrow.

Attachments

• 388386-Worked ground.JPG
    388386-Worked ground.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 716
   / Combi Tool -- Harrow and ripper mount #4  
RonR,

Great job. I have been thinking of building a toolbar that would accomdate any task (or spur of the moment crazy contraption) I needed. Any advice in design/plans?

The kind of things I have thought of so far include things like hillers, planters, cultivators, scarifiers/rippers, sprayer, etc... I figure if I have a good design for a generic, strong base, I can make the other tools from the farm auctions/yard sale tools whether they were originally for tractors or draft animals.

I thought about using a carry-all as a base platform, but it isn't wide enough to accomodate some of the sub-implements. Maybe welding a strong, wide cross beam at the bottom would do it... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sam

I've not done it yet, but plan to add mounts so I can run five ripper teeth spaced a foot apart to make a chisel plow implement from the toolbar I have.

The box beam was that length from the surplus store. I might cut six inches off each end to make it not stick out so far.....

My design was mostly based on what I found at the surplus store...

Best wishes,
Ron

/ Combi Tool -- Harrow and ripper mount #6  
Nice work, but don't you have trouble using implements like harrows on a 3 point hitch? I can't get good ground contact, so ended up dragging a spike harrow section with a couple of chains.

I've not had trouble with keeping it on the ground. Of course if it goes over a low spot, it loses contact. The nice thing about this and 3PH is I can get in corners, and can back up. It also works in reverse, so I can till forward and backwards. Backing up, it actually tends to dig in deeper.........

Enjoy,
Ron