ATV Dump Trailer

/ ATV Dump Trailer #1  

mitchash

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra MAX 28XL, Jinma 254 (Sold)
Anyone build a 4 wheel walking beam style dump trailer that can be used behind an ATV or tractor? I'm looking for plans to build one.
Thanks, Ash

/ ATV Dump Trailer #2  
There have been a few build threads on here. But I think the general consensus is that you won't save much building vs buying unless you have a lot of the parts already. Hubs/spindles and tires add up fast.

Not a walking axle off road trailer... But these look handy for around the yard and can be had for ~$1800

Sure Trac |

/ ATV Dump Trailer #4  
   / ATV Dump Trailer #5  
There have been a few build threads on here. But I think the general consensus is that you won't save much building vs buying unless you have a lot of the parts already. Hubs/spindles and tires add up fast.

Not a walking axle off road trailer... But these look handy for around the yard and can be had for ~$1800

Sure Trac |

Thanks for posting this, it's exactly what I need: small enough to pull with a Honda UTV down my trails and then it's legal for over the road to the dump. It's just about perfect but do you know of any other manufacturers that make a similar product?

Thanks!

/ ATV Dump Trailer #6  
maybe u can answer the question on these units then...how does the 4 wheeler handle it since you wouldn't have the additional tongue wait of a regular trailer....which really helps with traction! just something ive always wondered about them

Because it is a walking beam style the weight on the tongue behaves like a regular two wheel trailer. If you look at some of the pictures you can see how it pivots. There are a bunch of Youtube videos of walking beam trailers that might give you a better idea of how they behave.

/ ATV Dump Trailer #9  
Woodland mills makes two models that are a combo log and dump trailers with walking beam axles and dump and cargo capacities up to 2000 lbs

/ ATV Dump Trailer #10  
was sure hoping to see someone post up some plans for the original poster.. as I eventually would like one of these myself.. my old single axle trailer is getting tired and I want a dumper!