DIY tractor weights ideas

/ DIY tractor weights ideas #1  

jack707

Veteran Member
Tractor
farm trac 555
I need some ideas on home made tractor weights I have a welder but where to weld and how much does the tractor need?.

/ DIY tractor weights ideas #2  
It would be helpful if you tell us why and what you need weights for.
Are you talking about front hanging, rear wheel or 3 pt. hitch weights.

/ DIY tractor weights ideas #3  
If you are looking for ballast, a great big 3 point chunk of concrete is the cheapest way to go. Some kind of container (barrels are popular) and a 3 point drawbar. If you are looking for additional weight when you're using a 3 point attachment, tire ballast might be the best choice.

/ DIY tractor weights ideas #4  
:confused3: Beats me!? give us some more info!

/ DIY tractor weights ideas
Well my tractor a 4x2 with front end loader and on soft ground I aways get stuck, got stuck today! that's when the loader comes in handy. When I try and push a stump into my woods the back tires spins when I shift it in high.

/ DIY tractor weights ideas #6  
Search rear ballast threads. There are many styles of 3 pt ballast weights to give you ideas on how to make yours

/ DIY tractor weights ideas #8  
Do you have fluid filled tires? If you have a loader I bet it would make a heck of a difference in how much your rear tires stay on the ground. You can add alot of weight very cheaply but you won't unload the front axle. Rear counterweight is the best for loader work. You might also look at tire chains if your tires aren't in great shape!

/ DIY tractor weights ideas #9  
Use the "Google Custom Search" at the top of the page, not the "SEARCH" icon below it. Use as few words as possible.

gcs.JPG

/ DIY tractor weights ideas #10  
Here you go:

Home made concrete, steel and lead wheel weights, 260 lbs for the right, 240 lbs for the left, total of 500 lbs (in addition to loaded rear tires):

IMG_20150721_151847930%20Large_zpsp4zvuava.jpg

Box blade rear weight block plus Rachet Rake holder, 410 lbs for the block and 110 lbs for the RR, total of 520 lbs at the rear of my box blade:

IMG_20151006_103633012%20Large_zpsbjzwwr2o.jpg

FEL torque tube weights. 4" 1/4" steel tube 18" long with 4"x4" 1/4" plate on one end, then 2" steel rod welded to plate, then filled with concrete. Total weight, around 40 lbs, total of 80 lbs for two of them:

IMG_20150712_154255649_HDR%20Large_zpsvozhxtoc.jpg

Front end weights, total weight around 180 lbs:

IMG_20151006_103718172%20Large_zpsgwrcmrgb.jpg

The standard concrete filled barrel as a rear ballast weight, around 750-900 lbs +/-, now replaced with my box blade with rear weight block +1200 lbs:

Ballast_zpse69f76e2.jpg

Good luck!

Last edited: