Something a little different

/ Something a little different #1  

jwmorris

Veteran Member
I had a 9" section of a 9mm barrel left over from another project I had sitting around for awhile and finally did something with it.

Turned it down to fit the 20ga chamber of one of my 24's. After a fellow tinkerer loaned me a reamer I shot some groups with it today and managed a 1.5" 5 shot group at 25 yards with it today, with some mild cast 158 gn loads.

IMG_20151110_173149_255_zpspfufb8v0.jpg

IMG_20151110_173054_193_zpsv7rbpnbt.jpg

/ Something a little different #2  
Jeez, that took some balls!

/ Something a little different #3  
Nice! How is extraction?

/ Something a little different #4  
Easy! He just puts his mouth on the muzzle and blows!

/ Something a little different
Easy! He just puts his mouth on the muzzle and blows!

Got a laugh out of me!

With the mild cast loads just tip the barrel up and grab the rim. Other loads have to remove the insert, hold by muzzle and fling it towards the ground and the case is at my feet.

I though about machining it for O-rings, if I wind up doing that I will add a part to it that extracts the 357 cases using the 20 ga extractor.

/ Something a little different #6  
Ive used silly putty on a tubed shotgun with broken ectractors.

/ Something a little different #7  
So it actually shoots pretty darn well. Cool

I wouldn't call it a "good" shooter for a rifle but I was impressed with it, for what it is.

I thought about machining it for o-rings and seeing what it would do but then I would need to make an ejector that worked in conjunction with the 20 ga ejector vs removing it and "flipping" the case out at my feet if one doesn't fall out, not sure it's worth that effort. I was just playing around.

/ Something a little different #9  
I wouldn't call it a "good" shooter for a rifle but I was impressed with it, for what it is.

I thought about machining it for o-rings and seeing what it would do but then I would need to make an ejector that worked in conjunction with the 20 ga ejector vs removing it and "flipping" the case out at my feet if one doesn't fall out, not sure it's worth that effort. I was just playing around.

1.5" at 25 yards is still a paper plate at 100 yards with a pistol barrel and shot gun body. If nothing else, it's neat

1.5" at 25 yards is still a paper plate at 100 yards with a pistol barrel and shot gun body. If nothing else, it's neat

That is why I shared it, not real useful to me but it was a learning experience.