My home made firewood processor

/ My home made firewood processor #22  
I plan on running 42" circular saw, splitter ram, hydraulic motor for live deck, hydraulic motor for propulsion, and a couple of stabilizer cylinders, hydraulic cylinder for saw arm and maybe a couple other things. If that one pump with four banks isn't enough I'll run another pump off the front of the crank shaft. But I'm thinking one pump should do it since there are only a couple functions that will be run at the same time. Does that sound reasonable to you guys watching or am I missing something
Lea

Without knowing the volume of the pump sections, the RPM that you will be running, what motors you are planning on running, etc it is really tough to tell. It is certainly possible.

/ My home made firewood processor
I'll have some new pics in a day or so. I've been busy but I have to go for minor surgery on my neck tomorrow so I'll likely be out of commission for a few days. But I'll update asap

I'll have some new pics in a day or so. I've been busy but I have to go for minor surgery on my neck tomorrow so I'll likely be out of commission for a few days. But I'll update asap

Here some pics of a bit of progress. I have hydraulic pump mounted, hydraulic motor for propulsion mounted and the splitter Belem laying in place
Been busy rounding up more parts, now I'm looking for a longer splitter cylinder, the one I have only has a twenty inch stroke,I think I'd like to have about 26"0

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    977.3 KB · Views: 457
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    799.3 KB · Views: 417
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    946 KB · Views: 382
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 347
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    944 KB · Views: 417
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    891.3 KB · Views: 395
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    842.3 KB · Views: 459
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    785.4 KB · Views: 395
   / My home made firewood processor #26  
That thing looks like it will be a beast like no other.
Very impressive!

Looks like some beefy rectangle tubing you're planning on using for the beam. What is the wall thickness on that? Do you know how you are planning on running the pusher on it? Wrapping the pusher carrier around the beam / welding some stock on the sides to create a lip / something else?

I may weld some half inch square stock to the top edge of it or maybe heavy angle welded to the sides so it sits above top of beam half inch or so.
The beam is eight by twelve inches and half inch thick

/ My home made firewood processor #28  
Do you know what kind of tonnage you are looking to run?

If I find the cylinder I'm looking I should be around 20 tons

/ My home made firewood processor #30  
20 tons? That's it? Box store el-cheapos are 20 ton. Seems almost a waste of a machine to only put a 4" ram on it