DIY Tractor Weights

/ DIY Tractor Weights #2  
I made a front bumper out of two pieces of 4" pipe.. I filled them with concrete, and used threaded rod and hardware to hold them together.. and also for mounting studs to mount on my tractor bumper. Was maybee 3' wide.

If I have a pic I'll post it.

Soundguy

/ DIY Tractor Weights #3  
TBAR,

Looks good. I need to do something similar on my smaller tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

By the way, hereafter we will refer your way whoever questions whether R1 or R4 tires area better... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Clickl here and check it out!

Well a direct link did work [after a couple edits]... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif You probably already have seen this picture, but if not maybe it will entice you to check out the others on Tbar's page... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ DIY Tractor Weights
Huummmm, some of us can't afford a new matching set right now.

TBAR

/ DIY Tractor Weights #5  
Just to clarify my post, I thought it was pretty neat that TBAR had one of each type tires on the tractor...and remembering how many times we seem to discuss the advantage of one tire type over the other...well...it just struck me that having one of each, side by side, on the same tractor might put one as close as possible to an objective assessment of performance.

Anyway, TBAR, I did not intend to be nasty or anything like that...please don't take my post in that light, because it was not meant that way.

I really do think you may be closer to understanding the performance of R1 vs R4 than most of us here... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ DIY Tractor Weights
Thats kool, no problem Henro. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyone else have pictures of DIY tractor weights.

TBAR

/ DIY Tractor Weights #8  
Tbar . . . here are mine. I used EZ Weight brackets, but made my own weights out of 9.5" bar stock. I've got a total of 100# of weight, each piece is 25#. The weights were added inside the front wheels.

323080-EZ%20side.jpg

/ DIY Tractor Weights
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Tbar . . . here are mine. I used EZ Weight brackets, but made my own weights out of 9.5" bar stock. I've got a total of 100# of weight, each piece is 25#. The weights were added inside the front wheels. )</font>

That looks great!!! How did you cut them?

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Surplus weights from an excersize machine )</font>

Very ingenious...............I like !!!

TBAR