Heavy Duty Mechanical Grapple on little tractor

/ Heavy Duty Mechanical Grapple on little tractor #1  

fxrupr

Tractor
1974 John Deere 8430 4x4 tractor, 1968 FORD 4500 FELB 1968 Massey 1100, 1959 Massey 35 (sold), 2000 Kubota B7500HST, 1987 Kumatsu D20-PL6A, 1974 Sears Garden tractor, 1982 Gravely 5260 , 1965 Gravely Model L DOE (sold)
Here's a pic of the grapple I designed which uses the position of the bucket to grasp objects.
0218161710b.jpg
The grapple essentially stays in position relative to the loader arms while the bucket rotates.
It has a tremendous grip.
The ability to lift large diameter logs would be improved if I added some teeth to the edge of the bucket.
0614141459.jpg
Earlier version which succumbed to destructive testing
grapple2_2.jpg
The limiting factor on what it will lift now is the size of the loader arm cylinders.
The orange version could probably loose 50 lbs with a design change which started from
scratch but hey it works just fine the way it is now.
One great thing we do with it is back-drag like a rake. It clears out briers incredibly
well as well as mashing smaller brush. You have to be careful picking stuff up because it will snap 3 inch limbs.
I like the fact that closes tight so you could carry 1/2 inch rebar if need be and it wouldn't fall out.

/ Heavy Duty Mechanical Grapple on little tractor #2  
I'm so geometrically inadequate.

Can you post some pics of it open?? Or maybe with the bucket sitting flat on the ground as if trying to fill it??

I've never saw anything like this before!!! Very interesting!!! :)

/ Heavy Duty Mechanical Grapple on little tractor #3  
Sweet.. I've been thinking on the same lines,,nice job.

/ Heavy Duty Mechanical Grapple on little tractor #4  
That is a great design... Thanks...

/ Heavy Duty Mechanical Grapple on little tractor #5  
I've been planning to make one since I saw your original yellow one, but I do have a couple of questions.
1) Do yo have any idea how much your orange version weighs??
2) Do you have any dimensions for the center distances??

/ Heavy Duty Mechanical Grapple on little tractor #6  
Cool idea

/ Heavy Duty Mechanical Grapple on little tractor #7  
I like the way you think Great Idea :thumbsup:

/ Heavy Duty Mechanical Grapple on little tractor #10  
Thank you for sharing. Been all over the net- this is a first for me. And not hard to copy.