JD 3020 Propane
Homemade 3 point jaws removing small scrub trees - YouTube

Removing t post with homemade 3 point hydraulic jaws - YouTube

20160305_170315_zpsbp9ehdoz.jpg

20160305_170323_zpsnolbl5oh.jpg

20160305_170337_zpsijoyz23s.jpg

20160311_072047_zpso9co8e6f.jpg

/ Homemade 3 point tree & fence post jaws #2  
Wow, and with 2 cylinders. That thing rocks. I have not watched the videos yet, but what size pins for the clamp arms to pivot on?

/ Homemade 3 point tree & fence post jaws
Wow, and with 2 cylinders. That thing rocks. I have not watched the videos yet, but what size pins for the clamp arms to pivot on?

The arms pivot on 2-7/8 oil pipe that is sleeved over 2-3/8 heavy wall pipe.

Yes I went with 2 cylinders so that if I am not lined up in the center, each arm will swing past 90* to clamp on what I am lifting.

So far I have pulled about 100 old t posts and a few corner posts. I have also pulled about 500 trees that range from 1" diameter to about 5" diameter and from 6' tall to about 30' tall. I have got a fairly quick method for uprooting the trees and moving and stacking them up in a pile for burning.

/ Homemade 3 point tree & fence post jaws #4  
We cleared a 1/4 mile fence line last year by hand. This would have made it much easier. Do you find the front end raising during the pull out?

/ Homemade 3 point tree & fence post jaws #5  
What tractor is that?

We cleared a 1/4 mile fence line last year by hand. This would have made it much easier. Do you find the front end raising during the pull out?

When trying to lift out bigger trees it will only if you drive forward while lifting out of the ground. I found that if if lift and leave it in reverse and bump the tractor backwards it does a nice and easy job of lifting the root ball out of the ground. T posts and corner posts come out pretty easy.

/ Homemade 3 point tree & fence post jaws #8  
Very neat implement.:thumbsup:
And your old JD tractor is just as neat:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very neat implement.:thumbsup:
And your old JD tractor is just as neat:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now why did you have to call my tractor "old". Seriously though my grandpa has the same 3020 propane tractor and he refers to it as his new tractor and his 520 as his old tractor. His 3020 is still the tractor that he uses on the farm and never got anything newer.

/ Homemade 3 point tree & fence post jaws #10  
Now why did you have to call my tractor "old". Seriously though my grandpa has the same 3020 propane tractor and he refers to it as his new tractor and his 520 as his old tractor. His 3020 is still the tractor that he uses on the farm and never got anything newer.

"Old" as in "respectable".

One of my "old" tractors was a 1948 JD B wide front--2 cylinder Johnny Popper.

JD-B front.JPGJD-B on trailer.JPGJD-B rear.JPGJD-B right.JPG

You sat so high on the B you'd get a nosebleed.