SSQA to Three Point Hitch Adapter

/ SSQA to Three Point Hitch Adapter #1  

downsizingnow48

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B21
I decided to get one of these so I can use the trailer mover and some other things on the front of the tractor. Did not intend to make one but the prices were kind of high. $1000-$1200 from mainstream retailers and $500-$600 on ebay. So then I figured someone on TBN surely has already solved this problem.

My first search turned up a build by countrybumpkin, he welded ssqa plates to a HF quick hitch. I thought that was pretty slick so I did the same. I got the quick hitch for $79 with a 20% discount and a Titan ssqa plate for $95. Welded them together. Two pix below show it jigged and ready to tack, and then welded up. Needs paint although someone here said that rust is also a color and I may go for that.

image-501563189.jpg

image-3410692697.jpg

/ SSQA to Three Point Hitch Adapter #2  
Looks good ... :thumbsup:

I need to do one of those myself ...

/ SSQA to Three Point Hitch Adapter #3  
Looks slick, seen someone on Craigslist selling ones that look just about like that for 500. I find myself using mine all the time for things I never even thought about when I first built it.

/ SSQA to Three Point Hitch Adapter #4  
What kind of things do you use it for? Just moving things around?

/ SSQA to Three Point Hitch Adapter
I decided it would be too demoralizing to leave it half-black and half-rust. Painting a HF quick hitch is definitely lipstick on a pig though.

On the question about use for me it is a convenience worth a couple hundred dollars and some work.

image-4207784345.jpg

/ SSQA to Three Point Hitch Adapter #6  
Did somebody say something about a pig wearin lipstick around here lol jk . Hey that looks really good, and for what your into it it's a no brainer. Nice Job

/ SSQA to Three Point Hitch Adapter #7  
On the question about use for me it is a convenience worth a couple hundred dollars and some work.

View attachment 467160
I'm still wondering what specific uses there are for it. Is it just to hook up to a 2" receiver? What else are you planning with it, or has country bumpkin done with it?

It looks neat, all I can really see is being able to save space by storing your 3pt implements vertically on shelves or racking.
Can you do ground engaging work with it? Rake, box blade, back blade? Wondering what the advantage is over a traditional 3pt mount?

I've thought at times of making a QA adapter for the 3pt. That coupled with top and tilt could be interesting. Hadn't thought about it the other way.

/ SSQA to Three Point Hitch Adapter #9  
I did the same thing, QH welded to a SSQA plate. Haven't painted mine yet.

My only regret is welding it flat & not giving the QH some rollback. I can dump it past parallel to the ground, but really can't tilt it back past level.

It's currently the pivot & mount for my snow plow. It pivots on the bottom hooks & I hook a chain to the top hook.

I hook my 3pt trailer mover to my loader far more than on my real 3pt. And I store a few friends trailers on my place in addition to my trailers. So I shuffle em around a fair bit. Keep thinking about how to add a 2" reliever to the QH/SSQA plate, but haven't put any effort into figuring out where I could fit it yet.

/ SSQA to Three Point Hitch Adapter #10  

Now I'm committed to building me one of these! Any pointers before I weld 'em together? Size thickness of the Titan plate?