Honda engine shaft for pump

/ Honda engine shaft for pump #1  

oldforestor

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kub M8560 Orange Millenium Falcon, Kub M4050 wonderful dependable relic
I have a Honda 5hp motor from a dead pressure washer. I want to put a transfer pump on it.It has a 7/8" horizontal shaft. All the trash and transfer pumps I've seen have a 3/4" shaft. ?????
Are there no pumps for 7/8 shaft????

/ Honda engine shaft for pump #4  
For occasional basic (crude) coupling you can also use a short length of 3/4" hydraulic hose and either clamp onto the shafts or even drill for 1/4" hardware.
I have even seen this approach on some commercial applications that did not carry all that much torque.
For a transfer pump it would work IMO.

But I agree that Lovejoy style couplings is the best method.

/ Honda engine shaft for pump
For occasional basic (crude) coupling you can also use a short length of 3/4" hydraulic hose and either clamp onto the shafts or even drill for 1/4" hardware.
I have even seen this approach on some commercial applications that did not carry all that much torque.

Thanks for replies. I'm trying to fit the transfer pump onto the existing cart thing so inserting the shaft into the pump is a space save. I'm mulling over cranking it up and putting a file or grinder to it, then reslotting it with a dremel?

/ Honda engine shaft for pump #6  

New Holland uses that on the crank arm to adjust the kicker speed.

Aaron Z

/ Honda engine shaft for pump #7  
I have a Honda 5hp motor from a dead pressure washer. I want to put a transfer pump on it.It has a 7/8" horizontal shaft. All the trash and transfer pumps I've seen have a 3/4" shaft. ?????
Are there no pumps for 7/8 shaft????

Make sure that the shaft has Imperial dimension as opposed to Metric. Closest Metric to 7/8 is 22 mm.