Corral building help

/ Corral building help #1  

Osu98

Tractor
Massey ferguson
First off thank you for any help I can get here. I'm going to start a corral building project and looking for any advice I can get. It's a big enough project without having to reinvent the wheel.

I'm thinking about using 4.5" posts on the gate posts and the gates are weld on made out of 1.5" tubing. I would like to make a few where they swing basically 360 degrees but I know the hinges have to be offset some to make that happen. Have any of you done this? What is the easiest way to make it happen?

Also is it necessary to use 4.5" pipe for the gate posts or just run the 2 3/8 up and over to brace them? We will have some goats in the future so my plan is to use 2 3/8 on a top, middle and bottom rail and weld cattle panels to it. Any better ideas? I think the 4.5" posts will be a little more expensive but easier to work with instead of having to weld a cross piece 10' off the ground.

/ Corral building help #2  
I would like to make a few where they swing basically 360 degrees but I know the hinges have to be offset some to make that happen. Have any of you done this? What is the easiest way to make it happen?

I have round working pen that one keep moving the gate up behind them to keep them ready to go down the alley way,

I took a pipe post, and IN this instance I had some flanges that were the correct size, *think dounte shaped)

slid one down on the post and welded it for a base for the hinge, took some pipe that would slide over the post post closely, and welded the second flange, to it and then took the gate and welded to the larger pipe section, I had a lower and upper section, I use a plastic cutting board for a bearing, the gate could make a 360 circle with this hing, (mine does about 270) for my purpose, I did put some grease zerks on the top and even so I could give the bottom some grease as well,

the picture is off the net, but the idea is the same, ( my pipe was 6")

Attachments

• hings gate.jpg
    hings gate.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 268