Steel shipping racks/pallets

/ Steel shipping racks/pallets #1  

rd_macgregor

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SC, Kubota B2650
I walked on a trail past the back lot of the local Kubota dealer yesterday and noticed a bunch of new tractors, without wheels, bolted to shipping pallets. There was a fair amount of steel in these and I wondered if anybody had ever repurposed one as a trailer, firewood rack or somesuch.
I would have taken a picture except I am an old-time, dumb-phone user and can't get the low res (1mp) pics I do take off my phone!

Bob

/ Steel shipping racks/pallets #2  
I walked on a trail past the back lot of the local Kubota dealer yesterday and noticed a bunch of new tractors, without wheels, bolted to shipping pallets. There was a fair amount of steel in these and I wondered if anybody had ever repurposed one as a trailer, firewood rack or somesuch.
I would have taken a picture except I am an old-time, dumb-phone user and can't get the low res (1mp) pics I do take off my phone!

Bob

The 1MP photos would be just fine. That's what the photo's you see here are. If you don't have an email account you can email the photo's to your self to attach them with a PC you can usually get an USB cable for next to nothing (your phone may have come with one) to attach the phone to your PC and use the PC to pull the photo files off of your phone. The phone usually looks like an external drive to the PC. or you can usually download simple software from the phone manufacture to pull the pictures off of the phone if you prefer. You can do this, and you will be proud of yourself when you do.:)

/ Steel shipping racks/pallets #3  

Bob

They send those skids back to mother kubota for re-use.

/ Steel shipping racks/pallets #4  
Um, K0ua, he did say "dumb-phone". My dumbphone takes good pics, but without a data plan they can't be emailed or sent in any way, shape or form. And there is no way to attach any cable other than power. No Wi-Fi, either. :eek:

We did break down and get smartphones but I still have the dumbphone on a voice only pay-as-you-go plan.

/ Steel shipping racks/pallets #5  
Um, K0ua, he did say "dumb-phone". My dumbphone takes good pics, but without a data plan they can't be emailed or sent in any way, shape or form. And there is no way to attach any cable other than power. No Wi-Fi, either. :eek:

We did break down and get smartphones but I still have the dumbphone on a voice only pay-as-you-go plan.

So of what possible value is the camera in the phone? To take a picture you can look at only on a 1.5 inch display? Are we sure there is no USB/power plug?

/ Steel shipping racks/pallets #6  
Well, all the cell phone companies want you to have a data plan; then it would be useful. We simply resisted for a long time.

In the end, we too were assimilated. :laughing:

/ Steel shipping racks/pallets #7  
Well, all the cell phone companies want you to have a data plan; then it would be useful. We simply resisted for a long time.

In the end, we too were assimilated. :laughing:

Yes, "resistance is futile":)

/ Steel shipping racks/pallets #8  
Hey! Enough with the idle chit-chat... lets see the pictures of the pallets. :drool:

Post them in the "Pallets in Fields" forum too, where they'll be appreciated by true aficionados. :thumbsup:

/ Steel shipping racks/pallets #9  
Hey! Enough with the idle chit-chat... lets see the pictures of the pallets. :drool:

Post them in the "Pallets in Fields" forum too, where they'll be appreciated by true aficionados. :thumbsup:

Well, most of us that have been to a Kubota dealer have already seen them. I too have wondered what they do with them, and wondered what I could make with the steel. But if they just ship them back, it ain't gonna do us backyard guys much good.:)

/ Steel shipping racks/pallets
My old flip phone does have an additional port, besides the charging port, but I'm not sure what it does or what kind of cable it takes. I've often asked why it even has a camera if I can't do anything with the pics once I have them.
As for the steel pallets...I wondered if they were valuable enough to justify the cost of shipping them back to Kubota, or whether they just sent them to a scrap steel recycler. Sometime when I'm there for parts or something, I'll try to remember to ask them what they do with the pallets.