scissor lift

/ scissor lift #1  

dmccormick

Tractor
john deere 180 and 317, husqvarna yth20k46, craftsman EZ3
Hello all,
Just wondering if anyone has built any kind of lift to worm on there mowers? Im disabled with a bad back and hip. I cant get on the ground to work on any of my mowers or other toys. Just thought some kind of lift would make it easier on me. Any ideas?

/ scissor lift #2  
I bought one of these

Motorcycle Lift Table, 1��� Lb. Capacity

when they were on sale for a bit over $300 (Inside Track Club) - it's still in the box, hasn't made it to the top of the project list yet - but when it does, I'll figure out some "outriggers" that will probably attach with trailer hitch tubing so it'll be wide enough (50" ZTR)

Not sure how well that'd work without a concrete floor, if you're working outside you may need to use heavier construction and maybe add some levelers to compensate for uneven ground.

Best I can offer for now, good luck... Steve

Saw what the link says AFTER I posted, had to laugh at the "1 lb" rating, then laughed again when I realized the zeros WERE there :laughing:

/ scissor lift #3  
Maybe a low dollar used forklift.

/ scissor lift #4  
Many years ago I bought a used Blue Giant scissor lift and it's one of the best things I've ever bought. They are an industrial unit with a power pack and I use it daily in my home shop as a work table. The original top was possibly 2'x3' but I made a heavy 4'x8' frame and bolted this to the top and then put on a heavy 4x8 sheet of steel on it. I also put the lift on large casters so I can move it if needed. This is so nice to have as you can change the height to suit whatever you might be working on but it can become a 'junk ' collector very quick.
Al

/ scissor lift
I like the sled idea. Thanks

/ scissor lift #7  
I have a motorcycle scissor lift, it works OK but it needs a few mods to work well. I do 80% of my work on a 38" wide by 8 foot long table. It's 26 inches high and a good working height for what I work on. I use the scissor lift as an elevator occasionally, but also have a set of 10" channel ramps for the table. It's also got a 2000 pound winch to drag any thing up on the table that's unpowered or too heavy to lift on the scissor lift. I know the table and ramps are good for at least 2 tons if not more. Currently, my dirt bike is on the scissor lift, waiting for attention. Extra bonus is storage space under the table.

I too have a blown back and hip, add in a couple "H" injuries, and it gets hard to do what I want. I'm very familiar with the problems of getting down on the ground.