skid steer plate to three point hitch?

/ skid steer plate to three point hitch? #1  

ray299

Tractor
cub cadet rzt 420
Hi all, I have a blank skid seer style plate that I'd like to weld mounts on for my York rake. (this will be for use on the front of my TLB. Before I start welding I'd like to do a little research to see if anyone put any information out there about what works and what doesn't. Can anyone help with info? I've seen the titan style where they are adjustable. I don't think I need that, this plate will be dedicated to the rake. It's as easy as weld mounts and go, but I'm curious to see other people's designs first... Thanks!!!

/ skid steer plate to three point hitch? #2  
If your rake has single lower tabs, you will probably need a hook and latch system, or sliding (which is what many of the adjustable ones are)

If you have double tabs (clevis style) you can use a rigid tab on the plate and removable pin.

People often use a chain for top connection (it's easy) and most rear implements aren't designed for down pressure.

The easiest to build may be to buy a HF quick hitch and weld it to your plate.

Lots of ways to do it.

skid steer three point - Google Search

Bruce

/ skid steer plate to three point hitch? #3  
I did just that. SSQA plate, laid a cheap quick hitch on it & started welding. Works great.

Tractor loaders have minimal rollback past vertical, so the SSQA QH really can't be tipped back, but it can be tipped way down. You may want to consider shimming between the SSQA & QH on the bottom only up to about 5". That way it can get some rollback.

Will dig up some pics of mine.

/ skid steer plate to three point hitch?
If your rake has single lower tabs, you will probably need a hook and latch system, or sliding (which is what many of the adjustable ones are)

If you have double tabs (clevis style) you can use a rigid tab on the plate and removable pin.

People often use a chain for top connection (it's easy) and most rear implements aren't designed for down pressure.

The easiest to build may be to buy a HF quick hitch and weld it to your plate.

Lots of ways to do it.

skid steer three point - Google Search

Bruce

Thanks guys 3 pt.jpg3pt.jpg
This is what I came up with after a little more research.. I have enough scrap laying around to make adjustable mounts. Now I just have to weld them on... I can make the mounts 21"-33" or I can make them 24"-36". I'm going to have to figure out how big most attachments are because either way this will fit my rake. Should I go with the bigger or smaller dimensions?

/ skid steer plate to three point hitch? #6  
Thanks guysView attachment 471320View attachment 471321
I can make the mounts 21"-33" or I can make them 24"-36". I'm going to have to figure out how big most attachments are because either way this will fit my rake. Should I go with the bigger or smaller dimensions?

I would go with the 24 to 36" range, as that will allow you to use category 1 or 2 hitches with it. The 21" dimension may be too big for category 0, and the 33" will be too small for category 2.

Just found my answers... copied and pasted from yesterdaystractors

26 in wide and 7/8 lift pins, 3/4 top pin, 18 in height for cat I
32 in wide and 1 1/8 lift pins, 1 in top pin, 24 in height for cat II
38 in wide and 1 7/16 lift pins, 1 1/4, 27 in height for cat III. The height can vary to suit the equipment.

So I guess my next question is... what are mostly cat one implements and what are mostly cat 2 implements? Either way, if I get a cat 2 implement I will probably need to make a second plate anyway.... so since this plate will work either way I weld it up for my cat 1 rake, I'll weld it up to be the most aesthetically pleasing. :eek:)

/ skid steer plate to three point hitch? #8  
If you set it up for category 2, you can always use bushings (readily available and cheap) to adapt it to category 1. Just a thought.

I believe implements are categorized by weight and intended tractor horsepower. My 7' tiller and harrow are category 2, where my neighbors are both 5' category 1.

If you set it up for category 2, you can always use bushings (readily available and cheap) to adapt it to category 1. Just a thought.

I believe implements are categorized by weight and intended tractor horsepower. My 7' tiller and harrow are category 2, where my neighbors are both 5' category 1.
I like your thinking using a bushing... Thanks

/ skid steer plate to three point hitch? #10  
The one that I bought is cat2 with bushings for cat1.

It also has a threaded hole in the sliding bracket, with a bolt, to lock it down:

PA020017.JPG

PA020016.JPG

You could do the same with a drilled hole and weld on a nut. :thumbsup: