Just Saving Sime Old Iron

/ Just Saving Sime Old Iron #1  

SuperA

Bronze Member
Tractor
FORD 4110 LCG , International 300 Utility, Farmall Super A, Farmall Cub
A Neighbor of mine had an Old Dilapidated 1940's Farm Cart that was in a Previous Life a Manure Spreader, which He said he was gonna cut in half and throw on the Scrap Metal Pile. Well, I told HIm, I'd Take it and put it to Good Use. He Just laughed and said, "It's All Yours."... A Week has now passed and he came by my place today. When He Seen what I did with it He Said, "Holy Crap, is That MY OLD CART?!!"
I Just Smiled at Him and said, "NO, THAT'S MY NEW CART!!!"
... She Now has a New Lease on Life as a Farmall Flatbed Trailer...
Looks Pretty Darn Nice Rolling along Behind the old SuperA

It's All about Saving the OLD IRON, One Piece at a Time

Attachments

• DSCN3174 (2).jpg
    DSCN3174 (2).jpg
    6 MB · Views: 546
  • DSCN3170 (2).jpg
    DSCN3170 (2).jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 407
  • DSCN3173 (2).jpg
    DSCN3173 (2).jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 420
  • Done3.jpg
    Done3.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 435
  • Done4.jpg
    Done4.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 446
  • DSCN3233 (3).jpg
    DSCN3233 (3).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 443
Last edited:
   / Just Saving Sime Old Iron #2  
:thumbsup: @ SuperA

You did good! I'd like to see some sides, yet.

An after thought: I had a friend/neighbor, who recently died, who has an old manure spreader sitting in the brush. He kids are getting ready to part with his house. I'd better have a look at the old manure spreader tomorrow. I hate loading the pick-up with brush and many times the 14' trailer is "a bit of overkill"!

/ Just Saving Sime Old Iron #3  
Great job on cart, Nice looking tractor too.
Thanks for saving the old iron.
Rich

/ Just Saving Sime Old Iron #4  
Nice work. I have a similar farm trailer in a more advanced stage of falling apart that I really should do that to. I remember riding around the farm on it as a kid with my dad pulling it with our old 8N.

/ Just Saving Sime Old Iron #6  
Nice work. I have a similar farm trailer in a more advanced stage of falling apart that I really should do that to. I remember riding around the farm on it as a kid with my dad pulling it with our old 8N.

Same here. Dad had an old spreader with the chain and beaters removed that was pulled with the 8n as a garden cart, fencing trailer, picking up new calves, hay rides etc etc. My brother and I picked up an old new holland spreader for a $100 but the pto shaft is missing. After seeing what they want for a new shaft I have a feeling there may be a new cart in our future.

/ Just Saving Sime Old Iron #8  
Great save and looking good.

/ Just Saving Sime Old Iron #9  
Well done. It's always good the see old equipment used again and again.

/ Just Saving Sime Old Iron #10  
Well, your manure spreader trailer got me going. I looked at the old spreader up the road, but it was in pretty bad shape. So continued my search. Today, I stopped at a friends place and he said, "I believe, I have just what you need." .... a 4' x 8' tilt bed trailer. The axle and tongue need to be straightened, needs paint and it could probably use new bolsters underneath and a little additional TLC. It will be good for hauling brush, etc.. Plus, the "price was right!"

LTraier2.JPG LTrailer1.JPG