Chainsaw holder, Kubota 60 series cab

/ Chainsaw holder, Kubota 60 series cab #1  

lungdoc

Gold Member
Thought people would like to see a chainsaw scabbard I just made for our Grand L6060 cab. Made from spare plywood, about 18.5" long, 6" wide with 1" pieces on each side leaving a 4" channel for the blade. 2x4 to mount to existing bracket just above the washer fluid tank. For a large saw might want it lower or further out to allow roof clearance when removing but fits fine with a 16" bar on my smaller Stihl 260. Handy to have a saw along. Mounts with 1/4" x 4" bolts up top, slighlty larger and shorter down below (existing bracket was there for the safety triangle.

IMG_20160702_153246%20%281%29-M.jpg

IMG_20160702_153304%20%281%29-M.jpg

IMG_20160702_153318%20%281%29-M.jpg

/ Chainsaw holder, Kubota 60 series cab #2  
Are you really tall, or do you stand on a lift arm to raise the saw high enough to clear the scabbard?

/ Chainsaw holder, Kubota 60 series cab #3  
I puzzled over how to mount/locate a saw scabbard on my friends L4310 cab tractor a while back. It couldn't block the rear window, as he often opens it, and couldn't mount it vertically because he has a knee problem and didn't want to climb to remove it... we never did come up with a workable solution.

Nice work on yours, I also keep a saw with me at all times.

/ Chainsaw holder, Kubota 60 series cab
I am 6'2" and can easily lift it out. I wouldn't want a 20" bar.

/ Chainsaw holder, Kubota 60 series cab #5  
That's not a bad place, least you can see the saw when you look behind while driving the tractor, but I prefer to the side or in front, but diffidently not in the loader bucket

/ Chainsaw holder, Kubota 60 series cab
Nice - I did a similar one on the loader mount for our open station Deere 4320 but the Kubota doesn't have a suitable mounting spot on the loader and I didn't want to drill. Could have done it with straps I suppose but existing mount points so much easier.

/ Chainsaw holder, Kubota 60 series cab #7  
I haven't gotten around to making one yet. I bought several of those 3/4" thick plastic cutting boards for the kitchen to make one but they are still sitting in the garage near the tractor. Of course I now have two saws I take into the woods so I really should make something that can hold both as well as fuel, oil, and safety gear.

/ Chainsaw holder, Kubota 60 series cab #8  
I haven't gotten around to making one yet. I bought several of those 3/4" thick plastic cutting boards for the kitchen to make one but they are still sitting in the garage near the tractor. Of course I now have two saws I take into the woods so I really should make something that can hold both as well as fuel, oil, and safety gear.

How do you carry all the stuff in the woods now? I carry my gas/oil nuts and bolts this and that behind my seat.

/ Chainsaw holder, Kubota 60 series cab #9  
I built 2 holders on my box blade as I always carry at least 2 saws. It is only 3' off the ground but at the end of a long day that is almost too much!! CJ

/ Chainsaw holder, Kubota 60 series cab #10  
I built 2 holders on my box blade as I always carry at least 2 saws. It is only 3' off the ground but at the end of a long day that is almost too much!! CJ

I know what you mean, lifting a chainsaw 3' off the ground at the end of any day is enough for me...........