My $40 canopy

/ My $40 canopy #11  
Wow... nice work Luke. Looks good. Will serve you well, it's nice to keep the sun off yer head.

/ My $40 canopy #12  
That's a great fit and you did a good job. You're lucky you found one to fit. I've checked a couple golf card places and none of the tops were wide enough for my MX5100.

/ My $40 canopy
That's a great fit and you did a good job. You're lucky you found one to fit. I've checked a couple golf card places and none of the tops were wide enough for my MX5100.

Thanks everyone!

Sixdogs, your ROPS must be substantially wider than mine which is surprising.?
This was a Club Car dealership and the new ones on the lot, with a newer style roof, would also have been wide enough. :confused3:
You might try again as it was almost exactly the sizw I would've built from scratch. 54" wide is what sticks in my mind but I'd have to go measures to be sure.

/ My $40 canopy #14  
So my question is.... Is it noisier under the canopy while using the tractor than it is without the canopy?

Awesome idea. I like the price.

/ My $40 canopy
So my question is.... Is it noisier under the canopy while using the tractor than it is without the canopy?

Awesome idea. I like the price.
Not that I can tell. However, I always wear these:
1468772452015.jpg

/ My $40 canopy #17  
My brother had an old Jeep CJ hardtop laying around. Had damaged windows - rear was shot.
I cut off the back window and sides.
Made a nice even cut all the way around.
Welded up some brackets.
Didn't take long to do.

This was just junk laying around for years.
I love the extra width- rain from the side drips down over the center of the rear tire tread.
The hardtop is very strong. I feel safer under it.
I get some real FOPS protection out of this and it only cost $20.00 out of pocket.

Attachments

• hardtop.jpg
    hardtop.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 478
   / My $40 canopy
My brother had an old Jeep CJ hardtop laying around. Had damaged windows - rear was shot.
I cut off the back window and sides.
Made a nice even cut all the way around.
Welded up some brackets.
Didn't take long to do.

This was just junk laying around for years.
I love the extra width- rain from the side drips down over the center of the rear tire tread.
The hardtop is very strong. I feel safer under it.
I get some real FOPS protection out of this and it only cost $20.00 out of pocket.

And more cover when riding the hoe. Very nice.