hillbilly forks

/ hillbilly forks #1  

citytransplant

Silver Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 270DTC
Find 2 or 3 logs about twice the length as your bucket is deep. Set logs as shown in photo, tilting bucket so logs dont fall out. Set heavier logs across the ends of the "forks" that butt against the bucket to help secure the forks. As the bucket is loaded, the bulk of the weight should be toward the back of the bucket. Once the bucket is full, the forks will hold ligher limbs and branches well beyond the lip of the bucket. While I've seen some nifty DIY forks much more elaborate than mine on this website, these work in a pinch.

Attachments

• DSCN0049.JPG
    DSCN0049.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 792
  • DSCN0046.JPG
    DSCN0046.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 447
   / hillbilly forks #2  
I have done this before .... never knew it had a name

/ hillbilly forks #3  
A true forklift and well named.

/ hillbilly forks #4  
Find 2 or 3 logs about twice the length as your bucket is deep. Set logs as shown in photo, tilting bucket so logs dont fall out. Set heavier logs across the ends of the "forks" that butt against the bucket to help secure the forks. As the bucket is loaded, the bulk of the weight should be toward the back of the bucket. Once the bucket is full, the forks will hold ligher limbs and branches well beyond the lip of the bucket. While I've seen some nifty DIY forks much more elaborate than mine on this website, these work in a pinch.
:thumbsup:
Done that a few times myself

/ hillbilly forks #5  
Done that.:thumbsup: