BX Auxiliary Chain Box mod!

/ BX Auxiliary Chain Box mod!
My first day in the wood pile and that box would be on the ground smashed up.

Ron
I don't think so! Each stud is good for more than 1000# tension. I can take a hammer and bend the 1/4in diameter studs if I pounded on them. I knock that box off you have bigger problems like a smashed hood! :eek:

/ BX Auxiliary Chain Box mod! #22  
@dragoneggs Sweet mod. Which model of click bond studs are those?

@dragoneggs Sweet mod. Which model of click bond studs are those?
JK, I sent you a PM as well. The p/n is CS200-3816-24CRMP and they are available in stock at ElectricalHub.com. Good luck.

And if anyone is wondering if they failed... no way. Keep in mind the US Navy uses these studs on warships where they don't want to weld or have mod/repairs.

/ BX Auxiliary Chain Box mod! #24  
I copied. No doubt these large base click bond fasteners are sturdy. I went with a slightly larger box (I think). Got it at WalMart for $13. Thanks for the idea. I finally have a place to put my chains and strap.
IMG_0895.JPG
IMG_0894.JPG

I copied. No doubt these large base click bond fasteners are sturdy. I went with a slightly larger box (I think). Got it at WalMart for $13. Thanks for the idea. I finally have a place to put my chains and strap.
View attachment 508329
View attachment 508330
JK, I thought that was my install until I saw the grapple! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ BX Auxiliary Chain Box mod! #26  
Very interesting. I had never heard of click bonds but after reading this thread and seeing the pics and video, I have thought of several applications for them. Thanks much for the posts and info.