Todays shop time.

/ Todays shop time. #361  
That 30 yard trip is all the cart will be used for. And the wood sheds a lot of dirt in the house. I hope to contain most of that.

:thumbsup:

/ Todays shop time. #364  
Is anyone board enough to make one of these Bowling ball weld tables that can be use for I not sure what. My son sent me this youtube video of Laurel and Hardy making this weld table, if nothing else I'd say it's imagination at work.......... Can We Make a Bowling Ball Welding Table in 4 Hours? - YouTube

I must admit, it's a novel idea. I've got a clamp-on hobby vise that I use that is that same principal, I use it to work on printed circuit boards, so I can hold at any angle to de-solder a device - and for assembly also. I could also think of mounting a regular 5" bench vise, would allow the similar principal as my hobby vise but for hobbies on a much larger scale!

/ Todays shop time.
I got my box done. I failed to realize most of my wood is cut longer than 23" so I have to stand it up. IMG_0682.JPG

/ Todays shop time. #367  
Got tired of tryin' to find/assemble a 19mm socket, hex adapter and drill when I wanted to move something a bit heavy, so I changed this DSCN1957.JPG
to this DSCN2898.JPG

Couple minor bugs to massage, like keeping the trolley from running over the power cord :rolleyes: but that vise in the pics weighs about 100 pounds - moved it by hand the other day, spent the last TWO waitin' til I could take more Ibuprofen :confused:

Now, I just moved that vise from one table over to the other one and back, put it on the floor and back, and I'm still movin' :cool2: ...Steve

Attachments

• DSCN2895.JPG
    DSCN2895.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 143
  • DSCN2896.JPG
    DSCN2896.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 127
  • DSCN2897.JPG
    DSCN2897.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 129
  • DSCN2899.JPG
    DSCN2899.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 143
Last edited:
   / Todays shop time. #368  
talking about moving wood, saw something online where a guy had taken the grain elevators off two old combines, and rigged up a long conveyor from his woodpile to his house. Not sure if his wife had any say on what that looked like... ;)

/ Todays shop time. #369  
Fixed the power cord thang, couple other adjustments - looks like I wuz off on my weight estimate - only 97.5 lbs :rolleyes: Hadn't used the small crane scale for quite a while, looks like I'm gonna hafta open it up and find out what kind of battery it takes - won't work unless it's plugged in... Steve

Attachments

• DSCN2902.JPG
    DSCN2902.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 140
   / Todays shop time.
talking about moving wood, saw something online where a guy had taken the grain elevators off two old combines, and rigged up a long conveyor from his woodpile to his house. Not sure if his wife had any say on what that looked like... ;)

I've got 3 treadmills I intend on converting into a wood conveyor. Although the intended use wouldn't be moving wood into the house.