Todays shop time.

/ Todays shop time. #561  
The grandkids will love'em!!

:thumbsup:

in this crazy complex world, nice to see some nice wooden block toys still satisfy.
Kids don't need fancy, a water sprinkler to play in, a cardboard box to build a fort with.

Painting those little cars sounds like fun for the whole family.

/ Todays shop time. #562  
:thumbsup:

in this crazy complex world, nice to see some nice wooden block toys still satisfy.
Kids don't need fancy, a water sprinkler to play in, a cardboard box to build a fort with.

Painting those little cars sounds like fun for the whole family.

Isn’t this the truth.

/ Todays shop time. #563  
is there a special paint for kid's toys? Anything down low is going to get chewed on
by toy truck driver's younger brother...

/ Todays shop time. #564  
My shop time meant moving my OLD Woods rotary cutter to the shop,

standard.jpg

and flipping it up on edge for some MUCH needed work, (yes I put a safety chain on it before working on it)

standard.jpg

I've been doing "custom cutting" for many years with this cutter and it's really taking a beating, mostly without a whimper! The stump jumper is trashed and "another" set of blades is shot!

SO, out came the hot wrench and I cut out the stump jumper, and cleaned everything up the best I could,

standard.jpg

I haven't decided IF I'm going to replace this cutter or put some money into it?? I have jobs to do, so back to work it goes for now...

ONE thing is for sure!! When I buy new, it WILL be another Woods cutter!!

SR

/ Todays shop time. #565  
Gardening and housework has a habit of interfering with my "shop time".

This week I straightened out the bottom of a 4in1 bucket on a machine I picked up at auction. Couldn't really tell if it was smiling at me or SMIRKING because of my purchase.

I removed the two cutting edges and used the old "I beam, chains and hydraulic jack" method. Probably could have used the machine's hydraulics but figuring out chain placement geometry seemed a little too taxing for my overheated brain.

Anyhow I got'er done

IMG_0967.JPG
IMG_0972.JPG

Also had to make this rack for medicine ball and kettle bell storage.

IMG_1012.JPG

IMG_1054.JPG

/ Todays shop time. #566  
Terry,

Nice job on both! Thanks for sharing the jacking set up. I was thinking about it in my mind while reading then saw the photos and realized I could relax and not stress my brain any more. :laughing:

The rack actually spurred me to think about an 'industrial' design to support and disguise the music speakers next to our flatscreen. Was thinking a wood design but for some reason that rack got me thinking a properly finished metal design. Problem is... I am not much of an artist.

/ Todays shop time. #568  
Gardening and housework has a habit of interfering with my "shop time".

This week I straightened out the bottom of a 4in1 bucket on a machine I picked up at auction. Couldn't really tell if it was smiling at me or SMIRKING because of my purchase.

I removed the two cutting edges and used the old "I beam, chains and hydraulic jack" method. Probably could have used the machine's hydraulics but figuring out chain placement geometry seemed a little too taxing for my overheated brain.

Anyhow I got'er done

View attachment 559672
View attachment 559673

Also had to make this rack for medicine ball and kettle bell storage.

View attachment 559674

View attachment 559675

I haven’t had shop time lately in the typical sense. The garage has become the gym while the basement is completed in our house. I can’t wait to have a dedicated gym in the basement! Some evenings it is way to hot I. The garage to work out!

/ Todays shop time. #569  
I spent a couple hours Saturday and Sunday making this bird. The weather cooled a bit and the humidity dropped way down, so it was very enjoyable. One of you guys gave me the idea ans I have been saving the broken rake for this project for a long time - thanks who ever you are.

Bird.jpg

/ Todays shop time. #570  
I LIKE it, bigtiller!