downdraft table and press brake

/ downdraft table and press brake #1  

mrfu

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2615
Hi all
Just finished these two projects up. the first is a downdraft table for cutting and welding really helps to keep sparks and smoke contained. the metal box contains the filters, it needs to be mounted better in the future.
The second is a press brake using a 12 ton harborfreight bottle jack, does a nice job bending things up to about 1/4" if not too wide .
Most the ideas used were found using google images.
no pictures yet but the first thing I built using the press brake was a quick attach for my loader based on one for a Kubota bx that I saw on here
Thanks for looking
Tom

Attachments

• IMG_0910.jpg
    IMG_0910.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG_0916.jpg
    IMG_0916.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_0914.jpg
    IMG_0914.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_0913.jpg
    IMG_0913.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_0912.jpg
    IMG_0912.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_0911.jpg
    IMG_0911.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 434
   / downdraft table and press brake #2  
I like the design of having the top plate removable on your press brake. It'll come in handy being able to remove your bent pieces.

/ downdraft table and press brake #3  
I saw a bunch of down draft tables at an auction last week. In fact, I bought the motor controllers for them. If you can't use them for mig, then really what for? I'm guessing they won't keep grinder sparks from still shooting across the room either. Maybe good for that poisonous plasma smoke.

/ downdraft table and press brake #4  
On the down draft table why not exhaust to the outside? Is the press stable when being jacked? It is a great feeling to buying something that works as you wanted or needed it to.

/ downdraft table and press brake #5  
Reminds me that the local shop offered me his floor model press brake for $50.00, a cross bar is bent but easy to replace.
He said that the safety police ordered him to replace it with some shielded model for operator protection,
The jack works OK and at that price I could not buy the steel to make one.
My problem is shop floor space.

/ downdraft table and press brake
Thanks for the great comments, I use it mostly for plasma and it also works well for mig on the lower setting.
I didn't vent it to the outside to conserve heat in the winter .
seems pretty stable on smaller thing but if I bent long items I would clamp it to something.
Tom

/ downdraft table and press brake #7  
Hi all
Just finished these two projects up. the first is a downdraft table for cutting and welding really helps to keep sparks and smoke contained. the metal box contains the filters, it needs to be mounted better in the future.
The second is a press brake using a 12 ton harborfreight bottle jack, does a nice job bending things up to about 1/4" if not too wide .
Most the ideas used were found using google images.
no pictures yet but the first thing I built using the press brake was a quick attach for my loader based on one for a Kubota bx that I saw on here
Thanks for looking
Tom

Any pictures of the BX quick attach?

/ downdraft table and press brake
here's some pictures, there are a few really good post with different variations on how to make one on hear. They all seem to have links to each other so if you find one it is easy to find the rest.
The mount was pretty simple all 3/16" plate and the bottom tube is 1" black pipe. DOM tube might have been better but i used what i had.
Tom

Attachments

• IMG_0930.jpg
    IMG_0930.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0931.jpg
    IMG_0931.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0932.jpg
    IMG_0932.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0929.jpg
    IMG_0929.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 223
   / downdraft table and press brake #9  
Thanks, nice work, should be very useful!