Building 6-7 foot disc from large disc.

/ Building 6-7 foot disc from large disc. #11  
He specifically said he wanted 7 foot. Not that he couldn't pull more.

Yea, I read that already. I am inquiring as to why he only wanted 7', which seems kinda small for the tractor. Tight areas? Maneuverability? Indeed plan on building a second 7' unit? Really tough ground? Want to maximize penetration?

Several reasons why he might have did what he did. But I would think the tractor could easily handle 10-11'. My MX handles a ~11' JD210 transport disc. So I was wanting to know why he decided to settle in on 7'

/ Building 6-7 foot disc from large disc. #12  
I think he did just fine.

I like your heavy frame and you can see the result by your blade depth. You seem to be in sandy loam which helps your penetration.

I had a pretty heavy frame on mine but added 4 JD rear wheel weights (600#) which helped penetrate my Houston Black Clay.

With that rig and my 6530, B-1 or 2 is all it wants. I think you are sized right for that tractor.

Attachments

• IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 151
   / Building 6-7 foot disc from large disc. #13  
Food plots , maybe a narrow entrance ?

/ Building 6-7 foot disc from large disc. #14  
Yea, I read that already. I am inquiring as to why he only wanted 7', which seems kinda small for the tractor. Tight areas? Maneuverability? Indeed plan on building a second 7' unit? Really tough ground? Want to maximize penetration? Several reasons why he might have did what he did. But I would think the tractor could easily handle 10-11'. My MX handles a ~11' JD210 transport disc. So I was wanting to know why he decided to settle in on 7'

He specifically said he needed it for smaller plots.

/ Building 6-7 foot disc from large disc.
I've been off the forums for a while! Didn't even realize had several replies on this thread. Yes, the Branson will pull a larger disc than that. I've pulled a 12 foot lighter disc. That old IH disc would have stopped it in its tracks! It would make my 1256 blow black smoke! I wanted a heavy cutting disc for new small plots and hard to get to areas. It fits the bill perfectly. I also love fabricating, so why not! The ground in the following pictures was hard as a rock! 20161002_162818.jpg20161002_162843.jpg

/ Building 6-7 foot disc from large disc.
20160410_174415.jpg Pulling the 12 foot.