Made some bucket forks

/ Made some bucket forks #1  

ssrider

Tractor
1963 massey 150, 1972 Dynahoe 190
I decided to build a set of clamp on bucket forks for my tractor, mostly for loading and unloading my sled deck in my truck. Although I've already found many other uses for them. I made them 6 feet long plus 18" extending under the bucket. I used 4" C-channel for the fork and 2x4 tubing for the rest. Then just welded a 3/4 nut on and used some threaded rod for the clamp. They work pretty well but I wouldn't want to pick up anything heavier than the sled deck, especially that far out on the forks.

The first fork fabbed up
20161004_210659.jpg

Finished forks. Decided to add a reinforcement plate where the 90 degree joint is, and to taper the fork tips
IMG-20161005-WA0006.jpeg

All painted up
20161006_135012.jpg

And finally in action
20161005_095838.jpg

/ Made some bucket forks #2  
They look good!
I just fabed a 4' pair using some C Channel I had laying around. I decided to use a strap to mount them.

Pallet Forks Close Mount.jpg

Bucket Edge Mount.jpg

Rear Mounting Point.jpg

Fork Welded.jpg

/ Made some bucket forks #3  
looks great ;)

/ Made some bucket forks #4  
Looks better than store brought. :thumbsup:

/ Made some bucket forks #5  
Looks good, but you are gonna find that the channel iron dont make a good fork. Not strong enough in the direction you are using it.

Assuming you used the heavier 7.25 pound per foot version of 4" channel iron.....2x4x3/16 rectangle tubing would weigh slightly less, and be 3x's stronger. 2x4x1/4" would be slightly heavier...and 4x's stronger.

Good news is, if you do bend them, it looks like it would be easy to simply cut off the channel and replace it with tubing.

/ Made some bucket forks
Thanks guys. I have noticed the channel flexes quite a bit with my deck on the forks. I do have the heavier channel. I figure I shouldn't be lifting anything heavy enough to bend the forks anyways, as it would likely do some damage to my buckets cutting edge first.

/ Made some bucket forks #7  
Thanks guys. I have noticed the channel flexes quite a bit with my deck on the forks. I do have the heavier channel. I figure I shouldn't be lifting anything heavy enough to bend the forks anyways, as it would likely do some damage to my buckets cutting edge first.

I straightened some channel forks for a neighbor, and reinforced them by welding two pieces of full length 1" square tubing on the underside along the walls. Seems to have added quite a bit of rigidity to it. Just something to think about for later.

/ Made some bucket forks #8  
Nice, here's mine I made from a set of forks I had laying around.

68a3us.jpg

24vk84n.jpg

30047pd.jpg