Logging trailer

/ Logging trailer #1  

mrfu

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2615
Hi All
just finished up this logging trailer. Had to add some reinforcement to the cross members the axles attach to after accidentally stress testing it with the loader bucket when loading a log.
Otherwise it works great, need to get some new tires soon. The green part on the end acts as a support so it doesn't flop backwards. All the materials came from the remnant rack at a couple of local metal dealers.
Thanks for looking
Tom

Attachments

• IMG_0917.jpg
    IMG_0917.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 644
  • IMG_0918.jpg
    IMG_0918.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG_0920.jpg
    IMG_0920.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 505
   / Logging trailer #2  
That'll be fun. Get some pics with logs on it when you can! :thumbsup:

/ Logging trailer #4  
Trailer looks great. Wood is heavy I would add a bridge kicker under the metal for the axle. Can't tell by the pictures, do you have a 45 deg. brace from the beacket holding the axle to the inside?

/ Logging trailer #5  
Looks nice. What kind of hubs and wheels did you use and where did you get them

/ Logging trailer
Leejohn
I've thought about doing just that under those bars, just thinking about how to do it. no braces but those plates are 1/4" and slide over that tube like a mortise and tenon.
Thanks for the comments they give me ideas to ponder
Tom

/ Logging trailer
ticolawnllc
Hubs and axles came from etrailer.com. axles are straight 1" with a 1 1/4" round end and hubs are 4 on 4 trailer axles. I think they are rated at 1200lbs each. tires and wheels are from a golf cart and came off of craigslist although if I was buying new it seems like surplus center has some that would work well.
Tom

/ Logging trailer #8  
ticolawnllc Hubs and axles came from etrailer.com. axles are straight 1" with a 1 1/4" round end and hubs are 4 on 4 trailer axles. I think they are rated at 1200lbs each. tires and wheels are from a golf cart and came off of craigslist although if I was buying new it seems like surplus center has some that would work well. Tom
Thank you. I've been wanting to make a log cart and didn't know gulf cart wheels fit trailer axles.

/ Logging trailer #9  
Thanks

/ Logging trailer #10  
Trailer looks great. Wood is heavy I would add a bridge kicker under the metal for the axle. Can't tell by the pictures, do you have a 45 deg. brace from the beacket holding the axle to the inside?

What is a "bridge kicker"?