Newbie Grapple build Questions

/ Newbie Grapple build Questions #11  
FWIW I mostly use mine on my 110hp 10,000# skid steer. and have been giving it He!! for at least 10 years now. I think everything is 1/2", not sure on the actual alloy.Loflin Fabrication

Attachments

• April snow& graderblade 004.jpg
    April snow& graderblade 004.jpg
    1,005.5 KB · Views: 117
   / Newbie Grapple build Questions
I measured my forks and i got a 80 degree angle on in.By judging your forks and other pictures im thinking that it looks ok..unless someone know what their angle is on their bucket

/ Newbie Grapple build Questions #13  
You know we expect a well picture documented "build thread":laughing:

/ Newbie Grapple build Questions #14  
I want to run it on a New Holland L230 skid steer which has 90 hp and on a John deere 244J loader which has 70 hp. I'm thinking 1/2 inch plate would be lots. looking at everything attachments their heavy duty grapple and they used 1/2 so I figured it would be ok.

Using the same metal type they do?

/ Newbie Grapple build Questions
I figured regular 1/2 plate will be ok. I dont know if the shop i do my laser cutting at has different kinds of plate. Is it alot more expensive than the regular stuff?

/ Newbie Grapple build Questions #17  
T1 is indeed a good bit more expensive, but I would have concerns using a grapple, simply made out of 1/2" mild steel, on that 244J. You have almost 11,000# of lift capacity at ground level.

/ Newbie Grapple build Questions #18  
T1 is indeed a good bit more expensive, but I would have concerns using a grapple, simply made out of 1/2" mild steel, on that 244J. You have almost 11,000# of lift capacity at ground level.

I agree. It won't hold up. Grapples exert tremendous leverage on the lower teeth.

/ Newbie Grapple build Questions #19  
Everything Attachments has a good reputation with their grapples. They list the metal spec on the website. Hopefully they won't mind you looking....just don't plan on going into mass production for profit. They sponsor this site so we need to keep them happy!
Single Lid Wicked Root Grapple Lightweight Strong Large opening