Kubota B8200 Remote Start

/ Kubota B8200 Remote Start #1  

fatjay

Veteran Member
Tractor
Not enough
As part of my cab project I decided to give remote start a go. I'm using 2 wireless relay boxes from china, about $8 each, plus a 30a relay for the glow plugs. One relay bypasses the key switch to ON, the other is a 2 relay system which bypasses the starter and activates the starter solenoid and activates the glow plugs.

Here's a video:

/ Kubota B8200 Remote Start #2  
My kids are my remote start.

/ Kubota B8200 Remote Start #3  
Is the tractor siored inside or out?

/ Kubota B8200 Remote Start #4  
Is the tractor siored inside or out?

It's stored inside so it doesn't take much time to warm up enough to drive. I can see a need for a remote start on a machine sitting outside though.

/ Kubota B8200 Remote Start
Tractor is normally stored in the garage, however in between snows in the same day I'll park it under the car port. Won't remote start it when it's in the garage, but when I park under the car port I'll fire it up before going out.

/ Kubota B8200 Remote Start
It's stored inside so it doesn't take much time to warm up enough to drive. I can see a need for a remote start on a machine sitting outside though.

Not always, just while building the cab, it may get demoted to the carport if another project needs the space.

Just has to snow... Eastern PA and the most we've had is a dusting all year.

/ Kubota B8200 Remote Start #7  
I got a Zwave outdoor rated outlet for my Smartthings hub. It's currently plugged into the block heater. I might add a small space heater in the cab. Being able to kick them on remotely at will is almost as good as a remote start.