post frame building

/ post frame building
What do you think about the posts in the ground. Builder told me the posts are CCA and .60 treatment or 60. I can't find reason to turn down the price since I will not be finishing it inside. I had the vinyl back in sulation years ago and recently sold another house with a shop that had the same stuff and had problems with it being wet all the time. Even went on the roof to seal screws and check for loose screws and almost slid off. Come to believe it was condensation all the time and almost broke my body trying to find out the problem was. I'm going with the double bubble this time. foam board does not let you tighten the screws enough and the screws lossen after time because of the expansion and contraction of the stuff. Later I will come across a cheap pellet stove and put it in if price is right.

/ post frame building #13  
Not a bad price. I put .60 in the ground. Someone will find out in 30 yrs how they did.
Been lots of discussion in the past whether protectors help, or hurt by holding in moisture and allowing air in.

/ post frame building #14  
I'm sure there's several schools of thought on this but here's what I've done before when setting wood posts in the ground. I've put them across saw horses and painted the lower end with black jack roofing tar. Can't say for sure if it helped or not without going back and checking it out. Going on 20 yrs ago when I did this to some porch posts and also to a pole barn/ loafing shed since then. Seems the pressure treating now days might be a little questionable...