Cold cut saw

/ Cold cut saw #12  
Yikes... I don't see any of that. $187.49 and free Amazon Prime two day shipping for me.

Yup.

Welcome to "my world". bienvenue au Canada :D

IMG_1679.JPG

/ Cold cut saw #13  
I have an Evolution rage 2 saw, cuts metal, wood or plastic, it's fantastic. Dewalt chop saw gathers dust these days.
Will get the rage 3 in the near future. Abrasive chop saw seems outdated now.

/ Cold cut saw
There's 2 different types of saw's being talked about here. Dan is talking about a true "cold saw" that turns at about 90 rpm and requires coolant. And the carbide, 2500 (approx) rpm "dry" saw .

Yes ,it is the slow speed 50-110 rpm unit that I am interested in .

/ Cold cut saw #15  
In 3 years I went through 2 abrasive blades on a Dewalt chopsaw, that's enough for me I dont plan on buying another replacement blade. I hated using it, I'll be looking at the Evolution chop saw or maybe one of these Horizontal Vertical Metal Cutting Band Saw, depends on which blade last the longest and will cut the hardest steel/stainless steel>>>>> Amazon.com: Horizontal Vertical Metal Cutting Band Saw

/ Cold cut saw #16  
In 3 years I went through 2 abrasive blades on a Dewalt chopsaw, that's enough for me I dont plan on buying another replacement blade. I hated using it, I'll be looking at the Evolution chop saw or maybe one of these Horizontal Vertical Metal Cutting Band Saw, depends on which blade last the longest and will cut the hardest steel/stainless steel>>>>> Amazon.com: Horizontal Vertical Metal Cutting Band Saw
2abrasive blase in 3 years, I have went thru that many in 1 day. Hated the dust as much as the low wear out time. I bought a 12x8 bandsaw a few years back and my abrasive saw mostly collect dust now.

/ Cold cut saw #17  
2abrasive blase in 3 years, I have went thru that many in 1 day. Hated the dust as much as the low wear out time. I bought a 12x8 bandsaw a few years back and my abrasive saw mostly collect dust now.

I use my horizontal bandsaw for most projects also. However I would NEVER part with my 30+ year old Makita abrasive chop saw.

I keep it (on wheels) out of the way under a bench. Pretty hard to beat for a "quick and dirty" (precision not required) cut. Plus it's great for slotting square and round tube.

IMG_1783.JPG

Terry

/ Cold cut saw #18  
I use my horizontal bandsaw for most projects also. However I would NEVER part with my 30+ year old Makita abrasive chop saw.

I keep it (on wheels) out of the way under a bench. -------------------

IMG_1783.JPG

Terry
I keep my chop saw on wheels too, but I don't have to lay on the floor to use it. :laughing:

P4130012.JPG

/ Cold cut saw #19  
So if you guys had to pick between a horizontal band saw or a cold saw which would it be? I've been wanting one but haven't bought yet because I can't decide.

/ Cold cut saw #20  
Get BOTH. :)