Your socket organizers

/ Your socket organizers #1  

fidowanttobe

Platinum Member
Tractor
Jinma 284 2007 Massey Harris 44 Special
A gazillion choices and prices out there. What do you have that you LIKE? For me, I need to be able to grab a set and move it to the work area, not run back and forth for each socket. Don't like the snap-onto ones as with oily hands, hard to wrestle on and off. The stand up trays with the pins sticking up are what I am leaning toward, but no matter what I decide, will be an investment as I will need many for all 4 sizes, and SAE and Metric. So,.... what can you all suggest, (brands, stores, online, etc.) so I don't have to learn what you already did?? Thanks in advance.

/ Your socket organizers #2  
I had the rails with the snap on style clips and hated them. Went with the trays with pegs and love it!!!!!
Instead of the pricey ones I just did the Harbor Freight ones. Grab a whole tray and off you go. Easy to read the sizes too when laying under a rig.
Fairly well priced I think. Even on sale currently. 3 Pc SAE Socket Tray/Organizer
Ones that won't fit on the peg trays I took a pc of composite 2x6 decking and drilled a series of holes for different wobble sockets, torx bits, allens, etc. Still able to grab the whole tray and go.

Attachments

• IMG_1156.jpeg
    IMG_1156.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 888
  • IMG_0093.jpeg
    IMG_0093.jpeg
    29.9 KB · Views: 830
  • IMG_0096.jpeg
    IMG_0096.jpeg
    30.1 KB · Views: 724
   / Your socket organizers #5  
I hate any that require the socket to snap in.

The only successful one I have is a magnetic tray,,,
you can move the entire set easily,,,,

I got it at Sears.

/ Your socket organizers #6  
You're posting this in the "Build it yourself " section so make your own and show us what you came up with.

I have a variety in my toolbox. Everything from the post type to none at all. Some I made myself by cutting snug fitting holes in foam insulation with hole cutters. Those seem to work as good and hassle free as any.

/ Your socket organizers #7  
You're posting this in the "Build it yourself " section so make your own and show us what you came up with.

I THOUGHT that putting the sockets INTO trays WAS DIY,,,?? :confused2:

Well,, that is as close as I can get to DIY,,, :thumbsup:

/ Your socket organizers #9  
   / Your socket organizers #10  
I only have one drawer tall enough for "stand-up deep well sockets.

My toobox must have come with the insert,, it FILLS an entire drawer,, in a big Craftsman toolbox
So, I do use it,,, but, I do not like it,, NO taking it to the "job" :thumbdown: