Kubota RTV protection screen

/ Kubota RTV protection screen #1  

Rat Rod Mac

Silver Member
I recently purchased a used Kubota RTV and would like to made a protection screen for the back window so firewood being tossed into the bed doesn't hit and break the rear window. Have any of you guys made such a screen for your RTV? If so would you be willing to share some information on how it was made and maybe some pictures? Thanks. RRM

/ Kubota RTV protection screen #3  
We purchased a 2009 RTV 1100 a couple of months ago and it came with an expanded metal screen over the rear window. It is pretty much like this one: RTV11 Orange | Niagara Implement Inc. (sixth pic down).

Bob
That screen looks just like the one on my RTV900 (no cab) so I am thinking that screen is an OEM screen and you may just need the mounting brackets as shown above.

/ Kubota RTV protection screen #4  
I have the OEM (no cab) screen sitting in the corner of my shop. You are welcome to it if you are near me?? Since your location isn't listed I don't know that.

/ Kubota RTV protection screen
Wow Ovrszd, your kindness is overwhelming. I live quite a few states away from you and besides my RTV has a cab on it. Thank you very much anyway. RRM

/ Kubota RTV protection screen #6  
Firewood wrecked my OEM screen on my 1100 (well actually I did). As I dumped a load one piece was caught under the bottom edge and twisted it pretty bad.

I have the materials to build a new one but will mount it on the bed to prevent a similar accident.

Your bed has 1" pockets for uprights then just select the screen material you want and you have easily removable protection.

/ Kubota RTV protection screen #7  
If you have the ability, I'd build a bed rack and incorporate protection for your window. The RTV bed dump has the capability to dump much more wood than the factory bed will hold so you might as well increase capacity.

20151009_140001 (1280x720).jpg

20151108_134756 (1280x720).jpg

/ Kubota RTV protection screen #8  
Yep

About what a compact truck will hold and carry. Handy tools

/ Kubota RTV protection screen #9  
Yep

About what a compact truck will hold and carry. Handy tools

Knowing what I do now about the RTV, I would seriously consider a compact truck if buying again.

/ Kubota RTV protection screen #10  
If you can get a secure, solid mount for a screen onto that front of the bed, it would be superior to a mount just covering the back window of the cab. As it is on my RTV1100, material can fall into the crack between the front of the box and the cab screen and build up on the engine. A screen on the front of the box would minimize this issue.