3 point stabilizer

/ 3 point stabilizer #1  

ssrider

Tractor
1963 massey 150, 1972 Dynahoe 190
Ever since I bought my tractor I have been meaning to build something to keep the 3ph attachment from swaying so much. I also wanted to be able to set my blade off to one side at times. Finally got around to it. Couple turn-buckles, some chain, and a couple bolts is all it took. Works great so far.

20170330_164058.jpg
20170330_164049.jpg
IMG-20170330-WA0005.jpeg

/ 3 point stabilizer #2  
Ever since I bought my tractor I have been meaning to build something to keep the 3ph attachment from swaying so much. I also wanted to be able to set my blade off to one side at times. Finally got around to it. Couple turn-buckles, some chain, and a couple bolts is all it took. Works great so far.

View attachment 504722
View attachment 504723
View attachment 504724

Looks like it will help some.
Best way is to get a longer blade...like 84"
Another way, is to get a blade that can be adjusted, both left and right of the center post.

/ 3 point stabilizer #3  
It looks like your 3 point will bind and not lift all the way up, because the stabilizer pivot point is not in line with the lift arm pivot point.

20170330_164049.jpg

Note the white arrows at the pivot points:

image-989798341 (Large).jpg

/ 3 point stabilizer
It looks like your 3 point will bind and not lift all the way up, because the stabilizer pivot point is not in line with the lift arm pivot point.

View attachment 504798

Note the white arrows at the pivot points:

View attachment 504799

It's actually the opposite. When I lift the 3 point all the way up, the arms gain a little slack. The chain on the ends of the turn-buckles allows for this and the slack is very minimal. I do like your setup though. Would be very solid.

/ 3 point stabilizer #5  
Note: SRider's stabilizers reach all the way to the connection point of the implement. That takes the bending stress from the lift bars and transfers it back to the stabilizer connection point. I am not an engineer but it seems to make better mechanical sense of the bracing effect of the stabilizers. Newer 3 point assemblies follow this precept. Look at the parts diagram SPEECO provides to vendors of their products. Tried to find it on the web to no avail but I am sure it is in their printed catalog.

Ron

/ 3 point stabilizer #6  

View attachment 504798

-----------------

It's actually the opposite. When I lift the 3 point all the way up, the arms gain a little slack. The chain on the ends of the turn-buckles allows for this and the slack is very minimal.---------------.

Yep, on a closer look, your pivot point is above the lift arm pivot, so it will tighten as the 3 point goes down. Remove the slack at the lowest needed setting and it won't float any lower..