Home built hydraulic press

/ Home built hydraulic press #1  

rustydollar

Silver Member
Tractor
Satoh S650G
Down at the farm some neat toys to play with, the owners let me come and go from this shop anytime day or night.

This evening used this press to remove a timing gear from a camshaft.

The metal bench organizers with the drawers were manufactured by a local Hutterite colony as is the large tool chest.

press.jpg

chest.jpg

cabinets.jpg

/ Home built hydraulic press
The fellow that owns the farm has 30,000 acres with various seed and cereal crops and manages it all from a wheelchair.

He bought this huge metal band saw at one of the auctions, it's three phase. I'll be making a roto phase so that they can use the metal cutting bandsaw from single phase service.

bandsaw.jpg

/ Home built hydraulic press #3  
The fellow that owns the farm has 30,000 acres with various seed and cereal crops and manages it all from a wheelchair.

He bought this huge metal band saw at one of the auctions, it's three phase. I'll be making a roto phase so that they can use the metal cutting bandsaw from single phase service.

bandsaw.jpg
If it's just a single motor you can use a VFD with the added benefit of speed control. You just have to de-rate the VFD when supplying it from single phase. For example my 5 HP mill spindle motor is running off a 10 HP 3 phase VFD with single phase 240 v service.

/ Home built hydraulic press #4  
Whatever the manufacturer specifies. I only mentioned de-rating a 3 phase VFD because most manufacturers won't put the info in their literature for supplying with single phase.