electric pole saw needs some pole modifications?

/ electric pole saw needs some pole modifications? #1  

boggen

Elite Member
Tractor
SSTT (Sideways Snake Tain Tractor) and STB (sideways train box) tractor, dirt harvester
remmington 8amp 2 in 1 saw. 10" blade
2 in 1 = pole comes off and you have a electrical chain saw.
couldn't pass it up menards on sale. and then 11% rebate to that picked it up for like $70 plus spare chain for it
Amazon.com : Remington RM125P Ranger 1-Inch 8 Amp 2-in-1 Electric Chain Saw/Pole Saw Combo : Power Pole Saws : Patio, Lawn & Garden

cutting down trees. they are either to close to home, electrical wire going to street, sheds, LP tank, fence lines, etc... and wanting to trim out the tops of the trees before taking the main trunks out.

i am right at limit of about 15 feet with pole that comes with it. i have some branches that i could cut, but they are straight up vertically, and no real way standing on ground to cut the branches out. needing a way to mount chain saw 90 degrees? so i can stick up there and make my cuts, with a pull wire, to bring them down without them going into anything.

i may rent a man lift (not scissor lift) to finish things out on some trees. or higher the remaining portion out. but wanting to cut what ever i can myself. before i start renting or highering it out.

==========
it has been a while cutting down trees. was thinking fishing pole and some weights on end of line to toss over tree, then pull cable on up. no bows, no sling shots. guessing around 50 to 60 feet max height tallest trees. any other suggestions for getting cable up on trees without climbing / without using a man lift?

to note it, i am NOT interested in a rope saw. or less i can hook up a motor to it.

/ electric pole saw needs some pole modifications? #3  
remmington 8amp 2 in 1 saw. 10" blade
2 in 1 = pole comes off and you have a electrical chain saw.
couldn't pass it up menards on sale. and then 11% rebate to that picked it up for like $70 plus spare chain for it
Amazon.com : Remington RM125P Ranger 1-Inch 8 Amp 2-in-1 Electric Chain Saw/Pole Saw Combo : Power Pole Saws : Patio, Lawn & Garden

cutting down trees. they are either to close to home, electrical wire going to street, sheds, LP tank, fence lines, etc... and wanting to trim out the tops of the trees before taking the main trunks out.

i am right at limit of about 15 feet with pole that comes with it. i have some branches that i could cut, but they are straight up vertically, and no real way standing on ground to cut the branches out. needing a way to mount chain saw 90 degrees? so i can stick up there and make my cuts, with a pull wire, to bring them down without them going into anything.

i may rent a man lift (not scissor lift) to finish things out on some trees. or higher the remaining portion out. but wanting to cut what ever i can myself. before i start renting or highering it out.

==========
it has been a while cutting down trees. was thinking fishing pole and some weights on end of line to toss over tree, then pull cable on up. no bows, no sling shots. guessing around 50 to 60 feet max height tallest trees. any other suggestions for getting cable up on trees without climbing / without using a man lift?

to note it, i am NOT interested in a rope saw. or less i can hook up a motor to it.

I used to do this for a living boggen. Do yourself a giant favor and consider hiring it out. If the pioneer spirit is simply too large in you, rent a lift. The last thing you want is to be on the ground (or worse: on a ladder) when cutting tree limbs. I've witnessed too many wacked out things that did not go the way the home owner figured trying to do it themselves. I recall one guy who got perturbed when we arrived an hour late. We called and talked to his wife to say one of our trucks had gotten a flat. Well, he couldn't wait so he decided to get his pole saw to cut a 6" thick branch down from his maple tree about 12' away from his sun room. After all, the branch was leaning 45* away from his sun room so it should have fallen safely. He started cutting and oops! the branch took a hard 90* turn right into his $1600 8'x8' sliding glass door. At the time, I believe we were getting $500 to trim out 6 trees near the house. Granted, tree work is way more expensive now but if the tree workers screw up (small chance but I've seen this happen as well) they are the one's who have to own up to it financially.

As experienced as I am with tree cutting, I myself hired a crew to take out a 60' oak leaning toward the garage. I don't have access any more to the tools to do a job such as this correctly. So I was not going to take a chance for $800.
I'm not seeing your job but in the least, hire a lift.

/ electric pole saw needs some pole modifications? #4  
It is top heavy and should not be used on a ladder. It does drip oil (as do all chainsaws)so don't stand directly under it. If you need to remove large branches up to 10 Diameter that is less than 12 feet off the ground, this saw makes quick work of it!

/ electric pole saw needs some pole modifications? #5  
There's a bunch of guys out there that make mini air canons to shoot a line weight over a branch with air pressure. Can fill with a bicycle pump if out in the woods. You can also buy the same thing ready made.

TreeStuff - APTA: Air Powered Tree Access

APTA Butterfly - YouTube

I didn稚 know anyone sold them.

I use an air blower, PVC pipe, fishing reel and a 45 ACP case with a cotter pin in the flash hole to tie the line to.

Blow it over the branch, attach stronger cord and pull it over, then can attach and pull over the big stuff.

536862d1516633055-electric-pole-saw-needs-some-4b508097-c15c-458b-94ed-6d4b8542d9b0

Attachments

• 4B508097-C15C-458B-94ED-6D4B8542D9B0.jpeg
    4B508097-C15C-458B-94ED-6D4B8542D9B0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 472