Finished the wash bay bucket today.

/ Finished the wash bay bucket today. #1  

BKBoiss

Gold Member
Tractor
So as usual I forgot to take pictures but did remember half way through. I just finished building a bucket to clean out the sumps/trenches whatever you want to call them in our wash bay. I'm a little worried because of how small my tractor is but I'll try it out in the next week or so and see what happens. IMG_4206.JPGIMG_4208.JPGIMG_4210.JPGIMG_4211.JPGIMG_4212.JPGIMG_4213.JPGIMG_4214.JPG

/ Finished the wash bay bucket today. #2  
Is this something that you use to scrap the floor and shovel/push slop in. Could get heavy. Definitely hold more than a bucket.

/ Finished the wash bay bucket today. #3  
Looks good! A can or two of expensive green paint and it'll be good to go!

/ Finished the wash bay bucket today.
Is this something that you use to scrap the floor and shovel/push slop in. Could get heavy. Definitely hold more than a bucket.

This is meant to clean the trenches in the middle of the bay. So when it's in use it will actually be digging 2' below the surface the tires are on.

Looks good! A can or two of expensive green paint and it'll be good to go!

Figure I'll wait until I try it out first. Might need to tweek a few things.

Last edited:
   / Finished the wash bay bucket today. #6  
This is meant to clean the trenches in the middle of the bay. So when it's in use it will actually be digging 2' below the surface the tires are on.

So your tires will be straddle the trench as you drive one end to the other? At 2 feet deep I can see where it will save your back.

So your tires will be straddle the trench as you drive one end to the other? At 2 feet deep I can see where it will save your back.

Yes. And YES on the back saving.

/ Finished the wash bay bucket today. #8  
You won't have tons of breakout force at the cutting edge, but shouldn't need it for what you are doing. Looks to me like it will work fine and be one of those things you can't believe you waited so long to make.

/ Finished the wash bay bucket today. #9  
Looks like a nice idea.

Just a curiosity question, is your trough in the wash bay already setup to have the water drained out? Or does the new bucket need to carry out water also ?

Looks like a nice idea.

Just a curiosity question, is your trough in the wash bay already setup to have the water drained out? Or does the new bucket need to carry out water also ?

Water drains off the top and the mud and debris settle to the bottom. So there is some water but mostly just mud and "soup"