Need a use for pickup bed liners

/ Need a use for pickup bed liners #12  
Curious question... Why don't you like the plastic bed-liners?

I don't like them because stuff slides to easily. I take them out and put a cheap rubber mat in.

/ Need a use for pickup bed liners #13  
I don't like them because stuff slides to easily. I take them out and put a cheap rubber mat in.

Agree with this....love my DualLiner branded one. Plastic on the sides and a rubber bottom. Customer service is 1st class too as the first rubber mat was cut odd and was too small. They sent me another one when I sent pictures. I threw it on top of the old one so mine is twice as thick.

-Joe

/ Need a use for pickup bed liners #14  
Are you going to put any type of insulation under it? That black plastic and the sun may make it hot underneath.

Naw, it's far enough above my head that I doubt I'll get much radiant heat off it, but it'll block the direct sun, so an overall win, I'm sure. If it seems too hot, I'll just paint the top white. :)

/ Need a use for pickup bed liners
A lot of good suggestions, may try implement shed, if I can keep it out of wife's sight. Should work good for my 2 wheel tractor implements. The rest of the ideas are good, but I don't rake/have leaves, don't have a ATV to pull as a sled(probably too old to think about that kind of fun), truck now has a flat, dump bed. Have used the tailgate pieces for skid plates. So Thanks for the input.

/ Need a use for pickup bed liners #16  
I hate the plastic bed liners. Too slippery, ridges/grooves too deep for easy cleaning, cut down the volume capacity of your bed (yeah a nit), and who knows what is happening underneath over the years. I'm a fan of LineX and a slick mat to throw in when using a Loadmaster or other things that need sliding.

/ Need a use for pickup bed liners #17  
I use one as a bin for brush removal on the steep slopes around my property. The slopes are way too steep to have a truck, tractor, or trailer on. I tied the tailgate portion to the the other three sides to create a 4 sided bin. Then I pull it by hand down to whatever part of the slope I am working on, fill it with brush, logs, etc. I have a rope that runs up to the tractor (no winch yet, but I have an old power winch waiting to be mounted), and I just pull the bin up the slope and drag it over to the burn pile. It slides easily on the grass and doesn't tear it up. It's the best way yet I've found to remove the multiflora rose, wisteria and grape from the steep slopes.

/ Need a use for pickup bed liners #18  
reading through post... any stuff setting outside, that you might want to cover?

i refuse to put tarps over stuff anymore. wind will snag the tarps and tear the tarps to pieces, and end up wipping and making lots of racket. i would imagine plastic bed liner fairly light. tip it up side down and over something you leave outside. toss concrete block or something on top or if it has an edge. to keep it from blowing away.

do you need a spot for garbage cans? and keep empty cans from blowing away?

toss it on a 3pt hitch carry all. or onto some pallets, and use 3pt hitch forks.

toss it up on craigslist get a few bucks out of it and move on.

bolt them together to form 4 sides plus a top for a mini shed. then cut 1 or 2 doors into it, and toss on some hinges and a latch. going to assume you may need to "sandwhich" the 2 liners together, between some lumber or metal. to help form a more tight seal possibly.

have a generator that you been thinking of setting up for emergency outages? you got makings for a small little shed.

/ Need a use for pickup bed liners #19  
Never did it myself but a guy suggested that we should smear a gallon or two of axle grease B4 installing a bedliner so as to prevent rusting.
Should work just fine.