Gonna need some help on this one.

/ Gonna need some help on this one. #1  

weavertg14543

Tractor
john Deere gator 6x4 ferris pro cut s 61 inch 67 cub cadet Kubota ls3130
So my grandmother wants this done. Need help figuring out if it's even possible.

ferris pro cut s 61" 3 wheel mower with right discharge

Agri-fab leaf mulch tow behind thing.

Now I need to figure out how to tow this leaf mulcher system behind the 3 wheel mower.

Is this possible
Will it work
Has any one done this

0705f2f0375bd20badbe5aa2ec5c5f88.jpg
b76a804e1f9b64f3056fdb9fc38f3a8d.jpg

/ Gonna need some help on this one. #2  
I suppose anything is possible, but that sure doesn't look like something I would want to use.

/ Gonna need some help on this one. #3  
Yea - I don't see how you will tow that leaf sucker, how you will get the intake attached to the mower and how that entire arrangement would work - even it you could get it attached to tow & suck. I think you are looking at something beyond Rube Goldberg and perhaps even dangerous.

/ Gonna need some help on this one. #4  
On wide open flat ground it may work, but you would have to make some measurements to see if the hose is long enough, especially when turning left.

Is there another mower in the family you could use instead? Or maybe a neighbor that would be interested in using your vac to collect their leaves using their mower?

/ Gonna need some help on this one. #5  
You could make an attachment to the rear like a trailer hitch.
It looks like 2 bolts on the back, is there a hitch accessory for it?
They also sell a longer hose for the Vac to use on Zero turn mowers.

/ Gonna need some help on this one. #6  
Sure it can be done. Tall frame over front of mower, convert the catcher with a high goose neck type overhead hitch to the frame, add some flex hose, run overhead and drop on the right hand discharge.

/ Gonna need some help on this one. #7  
Slap a baffle on the discharge and mulch everything. Call it environmental.

I had designs on doing such years ago. Glad I gave up on it.

Like you've noticed, it's an engineers' nightmare. Even for the lawn tractor for which it was designed to be coupled.

/ Gonna need some help on this one. #8  
I don't see any way to get around the large difference in the required hose length when turning left or right.
Maybe one of the Ferris dealers would have a suggestion. Ferris does make bagger systems that mounts behind the seat on their zero turns, but nothing for the model you have.

/ Gonna need some help on this one. #9  
Rigid mount the collector to the rear of the mower and replace the wheels with swivel casters, think Cyclone Rake.
Would be a bit long and cumbersome but no more so then if it was hooked up to a hitch on the back.

Otherwise hook it up to the back after you add a hitch and just be careful how tight you turn, hose can be added onto if need be.

/ Gonna need some help on this one. #10  
Sure it can be done. Tall frame over front of mower, convert the catcher with a high goose neck type overhead hitch to the frame, add some flex hose, run overhead and drop on the right hand discharge.

Rigid mount the collector to the rear of the mower and replace the wheels with swivel casters, think Cyclone Rake.
Would be a bit long and cumbersome but no more so then if it was hooked up to a hitch on the back.

Otherwise hook it up to the back after you add a hitch and just be careful how tight you turn, hose can be added onto if need be.

I like these outside the box answers, even if impractical.
Maybe remove the rear tire assemble from the mower and connect trailer at the former swivel point; mount the seat on the trailer tongue.
This makes the mower discharge closer to trailer, and there's still only one swivel point.
Easy, all it takes is your time and money.