Goldberg's the name...Rube Goldberg...

/ Goldberg's the name...Rube Goldberg...
Actually, it appears to be a Cabela tractor (which may be a TYM, as are some Mahindra models). Definitely not a Kubota!

Nope, Kubota B2650HSDC. I call it the "Cabota" because I have a weakness for puns. I had some custom decals made up, that's probably what you're seeing in the window on the bottom of the back of the cab.

Sure, what would you like to see?

I have some step-by-step pictures of the project here.

/ Goldberg's the name...Rube Goldberg... #13  
Paul, that's really slick - if you REALLY wanted a tilt function, this might work

1 - As long as both belts are, you might get away with having each belt doing a 90 degree twist -

2 - then, cut the frame about where the jack shaft is now, mount that shaft horizontally (pillow blocks), and make a PIVOT point for the outer half of the trimmer INLINE with the jack shaft (on two MORE pillow blocks), so pivoting would NOT change either belt length -

3 - once that's done, it shouldn't be too hard to add a couple of ears and a small hydraulic cylinder for tilt, run off your remote.

4 - Might wanna move that pivot point a little further outside the rear tire, especially if you have some "V" shaped ditches you don't wanna DRIVE in :D

Just a thought from ANOTHER "Mad Scientist" type :rolleyes: ...Steve

/ Goldberg's the name...Rube Goldberg... #14  
Nope, Kubota B2650HSDC. I call it the "Cabota" because I have a weakness for puns. I had some custom decals made up, that's probably what you're seeing in the window on the bottom of the back of the cab.

Ya got me! I zoomed in and saw that I was had—and yet, this is the sort of thing that I do.

/ Goldberg's the name...Rube Goldberg... #15  
Any version of what BukitCase described. :thumbsup: Suppose it can 'tilt' 30^ down OR up, if the pivots aren't exactly colinear with the jackshaft, being within an inch or two wouldn't make for much slack to be taken up by tensioners.

Adding bits would add cost, but MkII doesn't have to be a complete 'do-over'. I'm sure we're all thinking 'upgrade', right? Any other time, the fun of Rube-ing up gadgetry is bragging what you made something out of, and the less recognizeable the better.

Nice, what you have there already. :drink:

Never know what the future will bring. Winters tend to be long and boring around here...:rolleyes:

Grind, I see you're from mid-Michigan. I grew up West of St. Johns, over by Fowler. Brothers in St. Johns and Shepard, headed back that way for a visit in a couple of weeks.

/ Goldberg's the name...Rube Goldberg... #17  
Nice work!!! I plan to weld up something similar, only I will just stick an old lawnmower engine and mower blade out on the end.

/ Goldberg's the name...Rube Goldberg... #18  
I seem to recall seeing a commercial mower unit for use under fences that had a spring-loaded mower head that would swing back if it encountered an unmowable obstacle (like a fence post, tree etc). As long as the pivot point was right under the pulley, it wouldn't affect their length or operation during an encounter with an obstacle.

/ Goldberg's the name...Rube Goldberg... #19  
Have you considered putting a saw-blade like brush cutting head on it? Instead of string.

/ Goldberg's the name...Rube Goldberg... #20