Y'all need to stop posting stuff you made, you're a bad influence on me...3 pt fork/c

/ Y'all need to stop posting stuff you made, you're a bad influence on me...3 pt fork/c #1  

davedj1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
Ok so last night I was sitting here searching carryalls, and 3 pt forks.There is some nice stuff built on here for sure :)
A light bulb went 0ff in my head!
I thought, why not have the best of both in one unit.
I already had the forks from my little forklift project and use them to move wood on 1/2 pallets. I will build another set only longer, 40" plus.
I had everything sitting in the shop so today I went to town....
I am going to weld a couple of chain hooks on the bottom of it so I can use it to drag firewood logs with it.
I figure I will use these forks which are about 30" or so long until I get to the steel supplier. I plan on building a carry all of sorts that will be on a pallet or at least on feet so I can back the forks under and I think I'll figure out some way to pin it on for going in the woods or wherever.
I am going to add something to the top, just not sure what yet, I'm thinking a quick attach tool box of sorts, I don't want it on when using the forks but I think it would be handy when the carry all platform is on.
The uprights are 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 3/16 wall square tubing as well as the bottom, the piece of angle where the forks sit is a 2" x 2" x 1/4" angle iron, the center piece where the top link hooks on is 1 3/4" x 1 3/4" x 1/8 wall square tube which I still need to add some 45* braces to.
It's about 39" tall and it's 35" wide.

/ Y'all need to stop posting stuff you made, you're a bad influence on me...3 pt fork/c #2  
Looks good, but it will work much better with a hydraulic top link. :thumbsup:

/ Y'all need to stop posting stuff you made, you're a bad influence on me...3 pt fork/c
Looks good, but it will work much better with a hydraulic top link. :thumbsup:

You are correct but I don't have any remote hydraulics...yet......and thank you :)

/ Y'all need to stop posting stuff you made, you're a bad influence on me...3 pt fork/c #4  
Looks good and great idea. I like the dual purpose ideas. I have been trying to think of some attachment that I coulf use on gy fork lift frame. Remove the forks and attach something else to them. It would save buying or building a few SSQA. A small root digger bucket has crossed my mind.
Again.... great job

/ Y'all need to stop posting stuff you made, you're a bad influence on me...3 pt fork/c
Thanks stomper!
I have a bar that goes on my forklift in place of the forks with a 2" trailer ball, great for moving light trailers or my log splitter.

Well my buddy gave me a Reese receiver and I bought a couple of 1/4" hooks for my chokers, got those all welded on today so now it has a couple of more uses :)

/ Y'all need to stop posting stuff you made, you're a bad influence on me...3 pt fork/c #7  
Mine also holds a trailer ball, center or offset.

I use the offset one for getting my camping trailer into it's shelter within 2" of the posts; I mount the frame on the FEL and I can look down the side of the wide thing while in the seat.
Handy.