Worth building something with?

/ Worth building something with? #1  

jdom84

Gold Member
Tractor
LS xj2025h
I got these forklift parts for free the other day... are they worth building something with or should I just eBay them?

IMG_20170903_105617.jpg

/ Worth building something with? #2  
Pump might be worth keeping. But it might also have a odd drive shaft. Some odd spline count or flat tang that might not be worth fooling with.

Unless you have something that is 24v, or a cheap way to generate 24VDC at some pretty high amps.....I'd probably just sell

/ Worth building something with? #3  
I would at least pull the pump off it to see what it had for a shaft and if I could adapt a gasoline engine to it :)

/ Worth building something with? #4  
How about using two matched 12 volt batteries in series to give 24 volts? Charge them one at a time with a 12 volt charger. It might make a good power unit for a dump trailer- of course you would also need a hydraulic cylinder and a reservoir... and a trailer :)

/ Worth building something with?
I had actually taken it apart and tested it before thinking about selling it or using it. It has a flat tang style shaft. I was thinking about a power unit but not for a dump trailer, I have a 12k sure-trac. I was also given 2 powered wheel chair/scooters that use 24v to power the two drive motors, I was thinking of building a small tank like vehicle with this motor and pump mounted on it. It could be a mobile power unit for things like shop press or anything else that could use hydraulics... but then I asked myself why? its not like I have extra time just laying around. And i'm not sure how useful it would actually be.

/ Worth building something with? #6  
My garage has some stuff I drug home for those "gee, I could make a.........." projects. The two main problems are 1) I don't seem to be able to find enough time and 2) with the case of something like you have there, I'd hesitate to build anything around a more or less proprietary power source because sooner or later it'll go tango uniform and finding a replacement could get expensive. Then I'd need to redesign.

/ Worth building something with? #7  
Dump trailer for sure.