Grapple project

/ Grapple project #1  

Andy1969

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5155, 53 Farmall Cub. Yanmar 2210DB
New member here. Thought you all might be interested in seeing some pics of a grapple project I've been working on for a month or so. Bought a new Mahindra 1538 Shuttle in July to replace my tired Ford 3000. So it seemed like I needed something else to put on the loader and a grapple looked like something I could really use.

Attachments

• IMG_1214.JPG
    IMG_1214.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 653
  • IMG_1265.JPG
    IMG_1265.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 539
  • IMG_1276.JPG
    IMG_1276.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 527
   / Grapple project
IMG_1178.JPGIMG_1262.JPG

/ Grapple project #3  
Andy that looks awesome! How did you cut all of your teeth? Looks like a fun and nicely done project. And watch the Ford 3000 cracks! I just bought a '65 gasser with a loader, nice tight machine. :)

/ Grapple project
Have a friend who has a CNC plasma machine. So I designed the pieces that needed burned out and sent him the CAD files. No disrespect meant on the Ford. Mine was still reliable as a stone but was high hours and needing some love that I didn't have time for. Plus I wanted FEL and 4x4 so sent the 3000 and a 63 Case 310 diesel dozer to a new home and upgraded.

/ Grapple project #5  
Very nice, pretty stout looking as well. I find the round bottom of mine to be indespensible for back dragging and smoothing dirt out. Your gonna love having the ability to pick stuff up, whole new world.
IMG_0329.JPG

/ Grapple project
Yes looking forward to getting it done. The top part is just tacked together. Hopefully will have time this weekend to take the top section off and fully weld it. Then I just have to put the hoses and quick connects on. Had place logged last winter so I think this will save my back with tops and brush cleanup.

/ Grapple project #7  
Nice looking grapple.

I could sure use one. Had some land clear cut a couple years ago and still cleaning it up. I did buy a big cabbed backhoe to dig the stumps out with but having another machine with a grapple would be a big help. Hired a guy to do some grapple work and will probably get him back soon.

If I ever get back to it I have a loader I plan to adapt to my 855. For starters on it I am going to torch slots in the ragged out bucket and see if it is any help for picking up some debris. Other than that I have had to spread it out with the loader on the backhoe and rake it with the landscape rake. Very slow process.

/ Grapple project #8  
Nice job Andy. Great design and welds. I love my grapple but I wish I had the talent to have designed and made it.

/ Grapple project
Yes anxious to get it done and try it out. Has been a good project. Tried to take what I felt were good features from several of the factory made ones. It will be fun learning how to use it. I think it's going to be handy for holding logs at a good working height to buck it up.

/ Grapple project #10  
Looks awesome! If you don't mind me asking how much money you have in it? I'm in the grapple market and have considered making one.