Tipping trailer suggestions.

/ Tipping trailer suggestions. #1  

ferrari99

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200, Ferrari 340
I would like a tipping trailer to go behind the tractor. Ideally I like to be able to fill it, tow it and dump with leaving the seat, I don't know if this is possible.
I could build something similar to the one I built for someone else just not as big (see pic). I would put a remote control winch in stead of a manual one.
I could also just build a solid trailer and tip it with the fel, I don't think that would be the most efficient though.
I don't have remotes so I can't hydraulicly tip anything, and I would be forever disconnecting and reconnecting them.

What would everybody else do in this situation?

DSC_0265.JPG

/ Tipping trailer suggestions. #2  
Battery operated 12v hydraulic pump with remote control on the trailer.

/ Tipping trailer suggestions.
Battery operated 12v hydraulic pump with remote control on the trailer.

That could be an option but running into a lot of $$$

/ Tipping trailer suggestions. #4  
I built one for going to the dump in 1990... it is a stake side with a 5x9 box... even towed my American Bantam on it once.

Being a single axle make it much easier as the axle is my pivot...

For the hydraulics I modified a camper jack... it works slick but does take some pumping of the handle to dump.

It is not in a good spot to take a picture but will next time I make it up the cabin...

The trailer tongue is securely attached to the trailer axle... and when the box is done I have a pin to secure.

/ Tipping trailer suggestions. #5  
If money was no problem I'd use a commercial built dump trailer with 12 volt hydraulic pump. If money is more of a problem I'd settle for a similar design as pictured but with an electric winch. The other and cheapest options would be as pictured or a regular trailer you dump with the FEL.

/ Tipping trailer suggestions. #6  
That could be an option but running into a lot of $$$

My former employer just sold off 27 battery powered pallet jacks for $125 apiece. Start perusing craig's list, auctions, etc.... deals are out there.

/ Tipping trailer suggestions. #7  
I've been thinking similar lines; I'd like a tipping trailer too, and even though I have aux hydraulics, the hose and connector add up.

What about a pull cable attached to the 3-point? so when you lift the 3-point hitch, cable is pulled up and the trailer tips.
Obviously, it would be pulling up against the trailer ball..

/ Tipping trailer suggestions. #8  
I've been thinking similar lines; I'd like a tipping trailer too, and even though I have aux hydraulics, the hose and connector add up.

What about a pull cable attached to the 3-point? so when you lift the 3-point hitch, cable is pulled up and the trailer tips.

To add to this then set it up so that when you back up the rear of the trailer digs into the ground and dumps the load.

/ Tipping trailer suggestions. #9  

It would have to be a tiny trailer to work. I had a frameless dump trailer. It didn't work. Although It would have worked better with this idea.

/ Tipping trailer suggestions. #10  
I suppose it would depend on the 3-point power / difference in leverage. But yeah, I see your point.
My 3-point hitch is 3.5 tons, and there would be at least a 4X disadvantage. So for all that effort it would have less than a ton of lift for the trailer bed.